• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Most hardware intense game out?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Far Cry 3 and Metro2033 are pretty intensive.

Skyrim isn't that hard stock...but there are some mods out there that are really tough to run.

BF3, Crysis 3, Farcry 3. BF3 is very optimized so it responds to better hardware.

and a gtx 680 4gb edition should be able to run any of this games (BF3, Crysis 3, Farcry 3) at max settings?

and a gtx 680 4gb edition should be able to run any of this games (BF3, Crysis 3, Farcry 3) at max settings?

At what resolution is crux though.

I would say on a 1080p screen sure no problem.

Just run the games with everything maxed out with fraps and see how it goes.

I dont like getting much below 40 fps myself. 60 is good 80 better!

Last edited:
Currently, I believe most places that do testing of GPU's use Metro 2033 maxed out, Far Cry 3 maxed out, and Crysis 3 as tests of how much brute force their systems have.

As I hear from some of my buddies, the new Tomb Raider game is extremely demanding also.

A friend of mine had to OC his 680 to get crysis 3 constantly above 30fps maxed out.
The 4 GB don't matter I guess since we talk about one monitor 1080p gaming.

Top three most difficult (on hardware) games I've tested: Crysis 3, Metro 2033 and FarCry 3, in that order. :thup:

Tried Crysis 3, all Super High, and anti aliasing at 8x and i get ~20fps... if i lover it to 1x i get 30 fps

Most demanding games I've tried in no particular order @1920x1200 -
Metro 2033 - Very High Spec, 4xMSAA, DoF enabled, Tesselation enabled (with/without Advanced PhysX, hardly any difference)
Crysis 3 maxed to the hilt (can't recall exact setting)
Tomb Raider - Ultimate + 4xSSAA

I can't include BF3 in the list as I can do it at Ultra + 4xMSAA @5760x1200, with framerate no lower than 50fps.....IIRC.

Back