• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram wont use full Mhz, help for newbie pls =)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silverminken

Registered
Hello,

I will start by saying im not super good with computers so i might ask alot of follow up questions, just so u all know =)

So i got new Ram´s for my pc, and when i put em in they only run at 665 mhz.
but they should be 1600mhz.

the old ones i used only ran at 665 aswell, but those ram`s was suppose to be 1333mhz.

so im not sure if im doing something wrong, but i tried to find the settings in my bios to change the ram speed.
but i cant seam to find how to do it.
i mean i know how its supposed to be done but there isent any options for that in the bios.

I will add a pic with my system spec and what kind of rams i have and etc.

I dont know if im doing something wrong or if im supposed to get those numbers.

Pls help out a newbie =D

Edit: image at imageshack url: http://imageshack.us/f/690/pcspecsandcpuz.png/

pcspecsandcpuz.png

Last edited:
Okay, the ram is currently running at 1333MHz, you are seeing that speed halved; double data rate. Anyway to get it to run at the 1600MHz speed you need to set it in the bios. What MOBO do you have?

im not sure, but acording to speecy i have Acer Aspire m5910 but that migth only be my computer model.
is there a better program to view what i have ?

Did you click the link I posted? Was the computer in the manual yours? Did the bios screens in the manual look like yours? Are the specs listed in the manual the same as the specs for your computer?

AIDA64 and CPU-Z should give you some more info

i posted a image on imageshack with my CPU-z readings and also Speecy readings.

Url for it is in my first post, think it needs to be zoomed out so see what it says.

Check Frequency/Voltage control in BIOS and enable clock to all dimm/pci/pcie ( whatever it means ;) ) ... if I'm right then it should unlock clock adjustment and you will be able to set higher memory ratio like to 1600. I just can't find other option to change memory frequency.

Standard memory clock from auto is 1333 so it seems like board can't use XMP settings right and you have to set it manually.

tried enabling the "dimm/pci/pcie thing, but i can not find anywere to adjust or configure speed or anything for the rams

Back