• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

any professional AMD overclockers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrwayne410

Registered
I use an AMD FX-8150 and i find that if its not overclocked, its very snappy in performance if you know what i mean, but when i overclock the ram to 1866 and set the clock speed to 4.620 the performance started lagging. is something not getting enough voltage or is it just the memory controller sucks? help.
i have a corsair H110 which holds 4 140mm fans so i know i can overclock

Makes answering about overclocking an AMD cpu easier.

CPU Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

Memory Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

SPD Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

And this is screen capture of HWMonitor (free version) from CPUID com
HWMonitor has been scrolled enough and large enough to show Min/Max of Voltages and includes the CPU Core Temps; which are n0w called Package Temps, fully visible.

This capture is made of HWMonitor after it has been open on the desktop logging Min/Max temps and voltages while Prime 95 was running Blend Mode test on all cores for at least 20 mins and then the capture of HWMonitor was made and it shows the Min/Max temps and voltages before P95 Blend was started and while running P95 Blend mode and gives much greater insight into how the system is performing without guessing.

attachment.php

In order to attach screenshots of INDIVIDUAL images as suggested, first crop and capture the images with Snipping Tool found in Windows Accessories or equivalent. Then click on Go Advanced, a button at the bottom of every new post window. Then click on the little paperclip tool at the top of the Advanced post window when it opens. Clicking on the paperclip tool brings up the file browser/upload tool and the rest is fairly obvious.

You did not show the other 2 Cpuz screen captures where we can see what ram is running and what ram is supposed to run at.

HWMonitor is also not under Prime95 Blend mode load or seems not to be so hard to see what the Vcore is doing under load. Your current, min and max Vcore all show 1.408 Volts and that at 4.2Ghz unloaded. If I remember my FX81xx cpu took more than 1.408Vcore to run 4.6Ghz. Not a lot more but "some" more for sure.
Bobert...

Back