• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

To SLI or not to SLI.... that is the question....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

juanpe966

Simple question. GTX 770 or GTX 760 2-way SLI. Really thinking about it, i think going with the 770, because of no compatibility issues, can buy a less expensive MoBo and PSU. Also less noise and heat to deal with. What are your thoughts?

We need more information to help.. What is the resolution of your monitor? Assuming 1080p res, a single 770 is a good choice. IMO single card over dual for most anything single monitor.

Right, sorry about that, I am quite new. Single 1080p monitor. Playing heavy games (crysis, bf, etc). I´ll never go for multiple monitor set ups. If anything in the future I may go to a higher resolution monitor (4k maybe?)

Yep, single card. When you get a 4k, depending on when you do that and what is out, that is more likely than not high end multi card territory.

I have a relevant question. Would it be better having SLI powering a 1920x1080 144Mhz single display? Or is the power still wasted?

Kaspa for that I'd consider a single 780 over a 770. It's not power wasted. But if you want a smooth experience with high fps I'd stick single card.

But for the op stick with a single 770.

I just grabbed 2 eVGA GTX 760 4GB SLI. I've always liked SLI since my 1st time
with 2 7950GT 512MB. Some prefer single card because of micro stuttering
with SLI but I don't see that with my new set-up.:drool:

It's more that I prefer consistency that's all. I know with one card I'm always getting 100% of its performance. Whereas with multiple you know some game won't like it. Most games won't even scale properly at all with it. So Ya. :/

Mmmm.. Overkill.... Thank you for your opinions guys and sorry for hijacking your thread, juanpe966. I hope you find the information and opinions helpful in your decision.

I think I'll be getting another 770 in the not too distant future. :D

Back