• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair H55

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Forever1337

Registered
Ok so I was just wondering peoples experiences with the H55 I just bought one and so far I am happy with it but after reading around on the internet I am a little scared of the pump going out or it leaking. Another thing was I noticed was the H60 just had a second fan so I put another fan on it and my temps went up compared to the single fan I thought that was interesting. any ideas I have them set up push pull like there supposed to be but I held 65c single fan with my 4670k at 4.4GHz and with the dual fan it was sitting at 73c all on prime testing the idle didn't seem to be affected and sits between 27c and 34c.

Double check fan airflow direction, adding the second fan should lower temps a few degrees.

I have the radiator mounted on the exhaust fan port at the back of the case both fans are set up to go the same direction out of the case one pushes air through the radiator and the other pulls air out the back of the case... Also I noticed that the air flow coming out of the back of the case is almost non existent compared to just having a fan in the spot. Like the fans can't flow through the fins or something...

I have the radiator mounted on the exhaust fan port at the back of the case both fans are set up to go the same direction out of the case one pushes air through the radiator and the other pulls air out the back of the case... Also I noticed that the air flow coming out of the back of the case is almost non existent compared to just having a fan in the spot. Like the fans can't flow through the fins or something...

That almost sounds like you might have the fans pushing air at each other. I would still double check that. Make sure the sticker side of the fan isn't visible inside the case but is facing the other way. Same with the second fan. Are both fans the same model as well?

That almost sounds like you might have the fans pushing air at each other. I would still double check that. Make sure the sticker side of the fan isn't visible inside the case but is facing the other way. Same with the second fan. Are both fans the same model as well?

No one fan is the one that came with the Corsair cooler and the other is the stock Antec fan that came with the case. They are both set up like they should be so they are working together not against each other the one on the front of the cooler blows air through it and the other on the back side pulls air through so they should be working together... and I will double check the fans in a little bit when I can get my tower out of where it is... I will let you know if I messed up or not...

Ok so I double checked the fans and they are going the correct direction. This absolutely stumps me I don't understand how if I do the same thing Corsair does and just add another fan my temps go up... lol I guess I should just stick with one fan on the radiator... Does any one know how common it is for these units to fail or leak? After reading some things on the internet I am a little worried that it is gonna leak or the pump will stop working premature. Do any of you guys run Corsair and if so what model and how common are leaks? I can handle the temps getting high and having to replace lol but I could not handle water going all over my nice new $1000 system...

Your chances of your pump dying out are higher than a leak happening. You should be fine. Stick with one fan if your temps oddly are lower. lol You would think 2 in push and pull but its usually with the same model fan but it shouldn't matter too much there either.

Your chances of your pump dying out are higher than a leak happening. You should be fine. Stick with one fan if your temps oddly are lower. lol You would think 2 in push and pull but its usually with the same model fan but it shouldn't matter too much there either.

It makes sense if the fast fan is having to speed the slow fan up.

ok so with the second fan removed I run max load temp is 60c and with dual fans my max load temp is 75c :bang head so I guess I will just run one the 60c at max load on 4.4GHz is fine for me and I don't really need to go any higher than that and 60c is not bad at all compared to the 80c I was getting running prime 95 on the stock cooler. I also have one more question I have the Antec 300 series case which has a 200mm top exhaust fan a 120mm rear exhaust fan (which is where the water cooler is mounted and it also has two 120mm in the front and one 120mm on both covers the one on the back cover sits right on the back side of the processor should I have the two on the side covers as intakes or exhaust? right know I have both side covers as intakes and the two front as intake and then the back and top are exhaust.

It makes sense if the fast fan is having to speed the slow fan up.

Good eye capt. I figured possibly they both were operating at the same speed but than again both are a different set of blades.

ok so with the second fan removed I run max load temp is 60c and with dual fans my max load temp is 75c :bang head so I guess I will just run one the 60c at max load on 4.4GHz is fine for me and I don't really need to go any higher than that and 60c is not bad at all compared to the 80c I was getting running prime 95 on the stock cooler. I also have one more question I have the Antec 300 series case which has a 200mm top exhaust fan a 120mm rear exhaust fan (which is where the water cooler is mounted and it also has two 120mm in the front and one 120mm on both covers the one on the back cover sits right on the back side of the processor should I have the two on the side covers as intakes or exhaust? right know I have both side covers as intakes and the two front as intake and then the back and top are exhaust.

Your fan is setup is ideal. Should be good to go.

ok so I was looking at a different hardware monitor other than ASUS AI suite 3 due to ASUS overclocking properties in the program and you can't shut them off. The problem I am running into is that so far speed fan, CPUID Hardware Monitor, and ASUS AI Suite all are giving me different temp readings on my processor CPUID will tell me the processor is at 70c when ASUS is saying 59c any suggestions? which one do I believe? I am more inclined to believe ASUS since it is their motherboard but then how do I get a accurate temp reading without using ASUS AI Suite?

ok so I was looking at a different hardware monitor other than ASUS AI suite 3 due to ASUS overclocking properties in the program and you can't shut them off. The problem I am running into is that so far speed fan, CPUID Hardware Monitor, and ASUS AI Suite all are giving me different temp readings on my processor CPUID will tell me the processor is at 70c when ASUS is saying 59c any suggestions? which one do I believe? I am more inclined to believe ASUS since it is their motherboard but then how do I get a accurate temp reading without using ASUS AI Suite?

It may be to do with TJMax settings. Have you googled around on it at all? It may be that there's a bug somewhere in how the processor reports its temps. I've never had an issue with coretemp on intel, so I trust it above most else, but ymmv.

Running more than one temp monitoring software at a time well skew the readings. Are you using Corsair Link?

I did a check with my 80i that is mounted like your 55. I dropped rpm on the pull fan, increased the rpm of the push fan I watched the temps climb. You may have a significant cfm difference with the two fans you are using. Swap fan position and see if that does anything.

Case fans are not good rad fans.

I think he's kinda right. IF I recall correctly, I've heard of some folks running temp software but once they ran Asus software the Asus temps went bonkers.

I think he's kinda right. IF I recall correctly, I've heard of some folks running temp software but once they ran Asus software the Asus temps went bonkers.

OK so what should I do how do I know if the temps are right if I uninstall ASUS AI Suite and run another temp monitor because at this point the other temp monitors sound like there wrong. I mean ASUS is telling me I'm sitting right where I should be on the clock I'm using and if I were going off one of the other ones their telling me I'm burning up like 20c hotter than ASUS is telling me... I like the ASUS software just don't like its overcloking ****... I wish there was a way to keep the software and stop it from over clocking for me...

Stay away from Asus and use something like Real Temp.

As to overclocking, its not just overclocking too high but overvolting which is a big issue with software. That's why they say the best way to overclock is to manually do it.

realtempandprime95screenshot.png

Screenshotofrealtemp.png

what do you think and that is still with the auto tune going at the 4.4 (but I shut down ASUS AI Suite so the temp monitor's wouldn't conflict) I want to do it manually in the bios but my concern is this program still shows me being about 10-15c higher than what ASUS's temp monitor is (when active and running prime 95) and I would think that ASUS would have the temps right for their board not to mention I would think that 65c is closer to the right temp than 75c with that water cooler wouldn't you?

I read it on the internet and everything on the internet is true.:screwy:

Seriously, I've read it a thousand times, including developer forums.

Huh...you got a link to some testing or something? Now I'm curious... (also, out of further curiosity, developer forums for what?)

But everything except the asus stayed correct? Do you have a link, per chance?

Back