• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Don't know where to post... [OC]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pastulio

Registered
Hello, I am new here and would like to start by saying "Hello." Sorry if I am not posting this thread in the correct location... also I am currently on a time-restriction and have yet to browse through the forums moreso than the initial topic I randomly came across via google. "Hello."
I have two scenarios I would very much appreciate assistance/feedback with,
The first of which, I built my current rig almost 7 years ago now and only recently decided it needs an OC due to performance related issues. I've upgraded it some since the initial build, but currently am running,
- Antec 900 mid-ATX chassis
- Ultra 600 Watt PSU
- EVGA 790i FTW (model: 132-YW-E179) [with the Latest BIOS]
- Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770
- Zalman CNPS9500 (CPU Fan) [*considering upgrading before OC*]
- (4x) Corsair Vengeance 2GB DC2000MHz DDR3 RAM (CMZ4GX3M2A2000C10)
- EVGA GeForce GTX 670 (2GB model)
- (C:\) ADATA SP900 256GB SSD [* would like to install "Sonnet SOTSAT6SSDE2 Temp PCIe Interface" but can't figure out how to set MoBo to AHCI]
- Windows 7 Ultimate x64
- and roughly 10TB of secondary storage space, not in any RAID configuration
... I am considering upgrading the RAM to potentially better suited modules, if need be, for a more stable OC ...
I have never overclocked a system before, at least not a legitimate OC that is. It's one thing to simply increase the CPUx [multiplier] and another to actually adjust the timing variables & voltages.

The other scenario I have as well,
I was recently given a new z77 Sabertooth & a used (practically new) 3770K processor to go along with it. I have a spare chassis and a 900W PSU to utilize with this build, but not sure what other components I should invest in to get the most out of a Z77Sabertooth+3770K ... For that rig though, which I am in NO rush to have a finished product any time soon, I am considering investing in my very first LiquidCooled system ... but am uncertain of how those work--considering Spacing being the main issue (currently in http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1215768 case; with some minor modifications I think there should be ample room for at least 1 radiator (& reservoir&pump))

Thank you in advance, for reading[&assisting*].

Your ram speed is fast enough for overclocking. You also don't need to mess with memory speed since you have an unlocked processor in the first place. Personally, I would sell your old system outside of the ram, GPU, and SSD and use those in the Sabertooth.

As far as watercooling, we have an entire section dedicated to that art. There are some incredibly well written 'sticky' threads to help out those new to the scene... read those... like twice, lol, and see what you want to do moving forward. Make a thread in the water cooling section with your parts list and goals, and we will help tweak it to perfection. :)

Back