• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a new Monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

S_I_N

OK Guys I'm looking to replace my monitor currently its a Samsung SA27A750. I've been looking til my head hurts and I'll continue til my eyes hemorrhage if need be lol. But I'm looking for input from y'all. Minimum size is 27inch and I think max will be about 30 inches, but not set in stone. Budget is pretty open atm, since I'm thinking on this change vs an overall system change but thats a possibility as well. My rig is in my sig and at the bottom of this thread sporting dual 7970's in xfire so I should have no issues pushing a 1440 or 1600 panel. Also been looking at the 2560 x 1080 panels as well. Anywho whats y'all thoughts on the current offerings??

RIG:
Crsshair V Formula Z FX9370
GSkill Sniper 1866 4x4GB
Kingston 240GB Hyper X 3K x2 Raid0
HIS 7970's in Crossfire X
Phanteks Enthoo Primo
Custom Cooled via Alphacool Radiators CPU and GPU Blocks
420mm 280mm 60mm thick 240mm 85mm thick

naw I dont think I need 4k lol way to costly for what i do havent heard of the other one you mentioned no wonder lol its g-sync stuff I'm rocking AMD cards lol g-sync would be wasted.

yeah but just realized its a PLS and not IPS not 100% sure what that means for me but lol alot of folks say IPS is better now its another thing to research lol.

hmmm nice find I dont normally deal on amazon but I do have an account there. But also still looking at 30" 2560 x 1600 lol

edit: I see where the 100$ difference comes in the one I linked had HDMI DP D-DVI not just D-DVI

not sure if 40 will fit in my desk space I have a hutched desk. Also trying to go UP from 1080 plus I'm already at 120Hz @1080 lol

hmmm nice find I dont normally deal on amazon but I do have an account there. But also still looking at 30" 2560 x 1600 lol

edit: I see where the 100$ difference comes in the one I linked had HDMI DP D-DVI not just D-DVI

More inputs = more input lag, unless you absolutely need HDMI or DP for something.

lol I had commented on a qnix thread on another forum and they just said the exact same thing lol. I use DP but thats because my monitor only has DP and HDMI and only supports 120Hz on the DP and 60Hz on HDMI. But this will also free me to change teams if I choose as the only reason I'm using AMD cards is their DP support is better than Nvidia's. When I first got this monitor I was using a Nvidia GTX570 and it worked til (DP) new drivers came out then after that no drivers ever got it back working. So I sold it and went RED. Havent looked back truthfully as the 6950's I went with then did the same performance wise if not better.

So from my understanding the QNIX QX2710 Evolution II have a rep for being good overclockers. I have mine at 95hz right now and it's honestly life changing. Can't stand to play at 60hz anymore. Honestly I would go with that. You have the power to push 90fps average. You wont need as much AA at 1440 and that will free up some FPS. I normally play on 1 780 with none of just 2x aa. Go with the QNIX. It will best one of the best purchases you ever make.

yeah I'm leaning real hard toward the QNIX one. Still have a foot on the fence about going 1600 lol. I see ur here in San Antonio also sweet that makes about 3 of us on this forum I've seen so far.

sweet bro thanks for the link I've been seeing them at the 600-700 price point but not at the same as the 27inchers lol. Now to start looking at fps results across the 3 platforms and make a final decision.

yeah I'm leaning real hard toward the QNIX one. Still have a foot on the fence about going 1600 lol. I see ur here in San Antonio also sweet that makes about 3 of us on this forum I've seen so far.

So I thought about the 1600p screen but it's huge. I have a pretty good size desk (I could fit 3 27in screens). But I wanted to have my computer on my desk along with 2 27in screens so 30in one was out of the question. Additionally, with the Qnix overclocking, it's now about getting consistent frames as close to 95 as possible. 1600p only adds addition demand on hardware making it so you have to turn down the settings. So if you are looking at one of the Korean screen I would keep a few things in mind.
1)Can it overclock? Honestly, once you try gaming at high refresh rates - you will never go back.
2) what kind of additional frame rate drops am I going to be look at @ that resolution.
3) I would also look to see how consistently people are getting pixel perfect screen. I have read quite a few reviews of people getting the QNIX saying they got pixel perfect screens.

And yes, been out in San Antonio for a little over a year. I like it a lot so far.

Back