• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Escapades: socket LGA775 Intel Celeron 450 Conroe-L

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tech Tweaker

Had a Celeron 450 here that came with a board I bought a while back, so naturally I thought I'd see if I could overclock it.

Actually, I was surprised at just how far the clock speed of the CPU could be increased with stock voltage. I had cranked it up from the stock 2.2GHz clear to 3.3GHz without breaking a sweat, and with very little (if any) increase in the temperatures at idle and under load. I think Intel could have easily marketed this as a 3GHz or 3.2GHz part and simply increased the CPU multiplier.

2.2GHz-3.3GHz: 1.28V (1.3V)
3.4GHz: 1.3V (1.325V)
3.5GHz: 1.39-1.41V (1.425V)*

*needs further testing

I can't quite seem to get it fully stable at 3.5GHz though, as it seems to randomly blue screen and/or lock up without warning. This is probably due to it needing more vCore, but I'm pretty close to what I consider the maximum safe voltage anyway and don't want to go any higher. So, given that 3.4GHz may be the maximum speed for my particular CPU.

well done! im actually overclocking the e8400 on the dx48bt2! i got it to 3.4ghz so far. i had to drop fsb to 1.125v and mch to 1.350.

keep us updated...with pictures :D

Back