• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AVEXIR Core AVD3U Not booting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ScientistBob

To start, my knowledge isn't the best when it comes to this but I can navigate pretty well under instructions.

Problem:

Just purchased new ASROCK 960GC-GS FX mobo and AVEXIR Core AVD3U16000904G-2CW 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel RAM.

Plugged the board all up with my old RAM (Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 1GB x2) first because the new ones didn't come in yet and computer works great.

New sticks came in (AVEXIR's) and plugged them in. Power the system up and it doesn't even boot. The computer tries to start up but then immediately shuts down.

What I've done:

Switched stick locations between DDR3 slots.
Ran only 1 stick at a time.
Updated to latest BIOS.
Flashed BIOS. (removed battery for 10 minutes)

Mobo doesn't have a RAM OK! feature so I can't run that.

The board says it supports this rams specifications (Does not specifically state that it can run the brand/model though)

Any other idea's?

System:
Windows 8.1 Pro Media Center 64bit
CPU: AMD Phenom 9950 2.60
GPU: NVidia 260GTX+

Try the sticks in another PC if possible would be the first thing I would do.

Can you set the timings/speed/voltage of the new sticks while the old sticks are in, save reboot, power down, swap the new sticks in and boot?

Mobo will not allow changing of the voltage (or I cannot locate it). I can change the timing though

You are running unsupported CPU and unsupported memory (the memory not being on the list isn't a big deal, it just means it wasn't tested. CPU though... bigger issue).

Yeah it is backwards compatible to AM2
Maybe I wasn't clear. Your CPU is not on the list I linked. Socket compatibility has nothing to do with it. I'm not talking square peg in round hole (physical)...but talking software/coded for it to work properly. :)

ScientistBob said:
Wanted to get some recommendations.

Being that I will have to get a new CPU, would you suggest that I return the MOBO and get a better one? I got this one in order to support the AM socket, but seeing my new problem, might it be better to return? I'm on a budget so as cheap as the power I can get is the best ya know?

Let's get a budget first, that'll help determine what we can set you up with.

Back