• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick questions about an 802.11 wireless adapter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bageland2000

Sorry about the aparent ignarance up front:screwy:

I just bought a 802.11ac nighthawk router. I need an adapter for my PC and found this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813995032

It's listed as a motherboard accessory and not a wireless adapter. Am I missing something? I want to buy it but I want to make sure it is a functional wireless adapter. Any ideas!?:eh?:

Also, if anyone has had good experience with a wireless ac adapter, please share.

Well I did a bit of looking and it appears to be just an Intel AC7260 in a PCIe adapter, which means yeah, it's an actual wifi card with bluetooth. That also means they wouldn't be able to do anything screwy at the driver level since in theory you could just grab them off Intels site unless they did something really weird.

All I can say is I haven't found any reports that specifically stated it would not work in a non-GB board.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm missing something but why are you so interested in this particular wifi adapter? There are a ton of adapters on the market that should work in any PC. Do you want one with bluetooth also?

Back