• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

increasing the multipler & core volts.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SharpCrease

Registered
I have a K7S5A ECS motherboard and i unlocked my XP1900+ processor connecting all the L1 bridges. I then installed my processor back into my system and turned it back on. It booted up saying that i was still running a xp1900+. So i went into the bios to up the core volts and multiplier when i noticed that my motherboard wont let me change these settings. PLEASE, PLEASE can somebody tell me if theres anything i could to like getting an updated bios or if i can connect some more bridges on the processor itself to change the multipler and volts. If there is a way to do it, can someone tell me how to go about going so? I hope i didnt unlock my processor for nothing. I'm a beginner and so far this forum has taught me alot thanx to members and staff.

Welcome to overclockers.com SharpCrease

I know an overclocking bios exists but I'm not shure who has it. My buddy has the same board. He flashed the new bios and now can overclock via FSB but not the multiplier. In order to add multiplier support you will need to do a lot of soldering to the back of the socket area. FSB overclocking will still get you about as high as your chip can go.

Back