• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Iwill XP333 or Epox 8K3A?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sailor420

Which is better? Stability? Overclockability (very important: in bios voltage adjustment, support for high multipliers, multiple fractions for adjusting FSB)? Speed? Value?

The 8K3A lets you set the Vcore to 2.2, and Vmem to 3.2. Epox has a better reputation for high FSB's. It also apparently displays the speed of the PCI and AGP bus in the BIOS.
I don't know much about IWill though.

Question

Are these basically the mobo's of today?

i don't know much about Iwill either [other than reading a few ppl trying it and hated it].

isn't the 8k3a the next generation of 8kha boards? i think these were overall quite nice, but i'm not sure on specifics.

I wanted iwil when the 333 was first announced but after reading many reviews - I found myself looking at the epox again before I ended up with the A7N266-E mobo

I just got my 8k3a+ today and I haven't played with it much but it KICKS ***!
I had one problem with the RAM dividers, but that was fixed with a BIOS flash. Now I need to solve my 92 Degrees Temp readings!

If you do get the Epox, try to make sure that a local store carries it, then check the revsion numbers. Apparently Rev 1.3 is the best one, and so is 1.1.

Keep in mind that this is a new mobo and BIOS updates will be coming out like no tomorrow.

Back