• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How can I test XP CPU for damage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ltww

I was messing about with the fan on my HS and I didn't realize it had stopped. My 1800+ ran for about 5 mins max with a SK6 HS and AS3, so hopefully that kept it going for a while. I suffered one crash in total during the over heat. I had my Epox 8KHA+ set to shutdown at 60ish and warn at 55ish, I don't know how thoses functions work exactly. The side of the HS was quite hot.

Are there any programs that I can run through my system to check all the workins of a CPU, like some kind of stress test?

well if it runs then it is prolly perfectly fine. Chips have run higher than that for longer. if you want to stress in them go here and get prime95 and toast. Those will work it.

Or better yet run folding :) (shameless plug) and that should work it a bit:)

team 32:D

pimping the overclockers teams

Nothing wrong with pimping the overclockers teams... Folding 3dmark, Seti... We can't show the world how good we are if we can't get new members.

Join us!

Itww: Your cpu should be ok... stress test it.

Back