• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

lian-li pc71 case mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thanks sonny.:D its coming along nicely, but i sketched and had the window cut out on the wrong side of the case.:( but, its not over yet. now i am currently modding the sides to go in backwards and work. i am such a dumba**, i cant believe i did this. but, i hope it works.:D

Don't risk it man. I remember some of the guys here were talking about a place that sells side panels for Lian Li cases. Go for those instead.

mcrites said:
pcmods.com sells side panels, I bought a new one for myself when I messed up on my stock. :D
well, i just checked that website, and they only have the 70, and i need the 71(black). and, they are $40. each, and i already have $200. into it. i am very close to completing this. i will show a pic to see what i mean. now, if you look to the lower left of the pic, you will see the slit i put in the case, to accomidate backward compatibility. they should put these cuts in the case incase something like this happens. a little more grinding, and i will be set.:D

Silversinksam said:
Thats a whole lot nicer than the Vapochill case....Good choice on the case JD ;)
thank you my friend, i like it alot better too. now i will actually be put the sides on the case, and i dont have that bulky front bezel, and i will not have to crawl on the floor to see what the chill controll temp is at.:D

jdmcnudgent said:
Lian Li owners take note. Fan Grills need to be removed ASAP to clean up air flow. Take out all the USB ports & everything else that have any power going thru them the Alu dust can & will make you sorry if you don't.

jdmcnudgent said:
thats alyvia's playdough.:D

Yah RIIIIIIIIIght.....and Im the pilsbury doughboy :rolleyes:

Now the real question is how did JD use that Playdough.....and for what.

Im taking this case and I wont rest till this Investigation and riddle is solved :D

Back