• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No sound, No Raid

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mike K

I have an EPoX 8K3A+ and I just installed Win XP. Everytime I try to boot up, I keep getting found new hardware, and it tries to install a Multimedia Audio Controller. I pop in the driver cd and it just keeps searching and finds nothing. I tried to install them manually but did not find a driver folder for Win XP. Also, when I had WinME I had my hdd hooked up on IDE3, which is a Raid port. I wasnt running a RAID configuration and just used the RAID ports as extra IDE ports. I would like to have all my drives on seperate channels. On channel 1 I have my hdd, on 2 I have my burner. I also have a DVD drive but I cant hook that up on a RAID port. If I hook my hdd up to the RAID port I cant get past the first post screen. Will the newest 4 in 1 drivers help? Had any of you had this problem and fixed it? How? Thanks for the help.

My system: I will list everything in case there might be a conflict between the devices:

EPoX 8K3A+
Athlon XP 1600+
256MB Crucial PC2100 DDR
Radeon 7500
Hauppauge TV/FM Tuner
ESS 56K modem
Linksys 10/100 NIC
Maxtor 15GB 5400rpm
Pioneer slot load DVD
Sony 8/4/32 CD-RW
usb riser thing
Antec 350W psu