• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crying on my Maze 3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Istari1

Well by now i was hoping to have some temps or something for you guys. Leak tested my system for 14 hours, all was good. Modded my case to fit all the parts..all ws good. Installed the system, filled the res, worked out all the air bubbles...all was good. Turned on my computer. . .all was NOT good. Looks like I fried something. <insert random curse words here> Yup, when I turn on my computer I get the faithful "beep" that its gonna work but all I get is a blue line at the bottom of the screen...nothing else. CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After two weeks of planning, cutting, modding, buying, and waiting for stuff to be shipped I now have a box full of nothing. And of course since I just spent all my loot on WCX suuplies I cant afford a new MB or processor. Great. Well anyway just wanted to vent somewhere. I have no idea what happened, I know my block is making good contact I checked. I'm like 99.999% sure I didnt get water on anything, but its still screwed...oh well.

Josh

damn dude that @$^@$^?$@ sucks...ive been hearin u rant all week about the maze 3...if its any consolation...i fried my AMD XP 2000+ the first day i got it...actually the first 5 seconds ( not including the installation of the mobo and heatsink) the heat sink wasnt on good...neither was the chip..it was my first attempt at installin an AMD Socket a chip...o well..i got it replaced and all is well now...go find the neighborhood ******* (im assuming there is one) and beat the **** out of him...if he asks later on in life why u did it...say its because ur an *** and no one likes you...and ur so mean i bet u have to jack off in the mornin just to get ur heart started

i want to cry with you too..id be beatin the **** out of somethin for sure...like i did with my amd system...it wasnt even finished yet and i had already hit the wall hard as ****...twice...i put holes in the *****..and im 15...i think i need anger management...cuz i get ****ed real easily...even if its a simple question..i blow up

Unless you saw smoke, don't give up yet.

A lot of simple things can be wrong. Give us more
details of your stuff. Start with the PSU. I've seen
many new AMD systems not boot up first time because
the PSU was a little weak.

Take the tile that is over the processor di and if you see burn marks your processor died. You take the tile off by VERY carefully cutting the glue around the rim and pry the tile off

Well try this if you have not already.I have had a blue line at the bottom of my screen before when pushed my cpu to far overclocking.If your CPU was still overclocked when you started it something my have gone wrong,like you chipped the core or somthing try reseting your cmos if you can that may work.Due to the fact you see a blue line at the bottom of your screen I think you PC is still ok.

Mr. $T$ said:
Take the tile that is over the processor di and if you see burn marks your processor died. You take the tile off by VERY carefully cutting the glue around the rim and pry the tile off

what? that thing comes off? im tryin to pry it off my old k6 that i pulled the heatspreader off of...

Ok guys well I got it to start. But I have NO clue whats going on. I think it may be a power supply problem, but I have a 400W Antec PSU, I mean this thing should be able to handle anything 3.3+5 is 245W. But my 12V line is sitting around 11.6, sometimes as low as 11.45. The pump I have plugs into a molex but its only a 2.8 amp draw, so I dont understand whats going on. Any suggestions? Maybe its not a PS thing, but before the pump my 12V was right around 11.9, so I cant think of anything else.

Josh

HydroCool said:
damn dude that @$^@$^?$@ sucks...ive been hearin u rant all week about the maze 3...if its any consolation...i fried my AMD XP 2000+ the first day i got it...actually the first 5 seconds ( not including the installation of the mobo and heatsink) the heat sink wasnt on good...neither was the chip..it was my first attempt at installin an AMD Socket a chip...o well..i got it replaced and all is well now...go find the neighborhood ******* (im assuming there is one) and beat the **** out of him...if he asks later on in life why u did it...say its because ur an *** and no one likes you...and ur so mean i bet u have to jack off in the mornin just to get ur heart started

Not being a pain but please please cut down on the adult content! We are a very strict forum and the last thing you want is a Mod breathing down your back!

As for your setup have you tried booting the system with just basic parts? 1 stick of memory, Video Card, CPU and thats it?
Also try wiping the BIOS.

Lemme Know, I'll rattle my brains.
M_N

yea...try clearin the bios...i was just playing with my bios settings and changed the clock frequencie i think to 166mhz instead of default and it wouldnt power on...so i just cleared the cmos and fixed it...but its a pain remembering what hard drive u boot off of when u have 3 of them

Istari1 said:
Ok guys well I got it to start. But I have NO clue whats going on. I think it may be a power supply problem, but I have a 400W Antec PSU, I mean this thing should be able to handle anything 3.3+5 is 245W. But my 12V line is sitting around 11.6, sometimes as low as 11.45. The pump I have plugs into a molex but its only a 2.8 amp draw, so I dont understand whats going on. Any suggestions? Maybe its not a PS thing, but before the pump my 12V was right around 11.9, so I cant think of anything else.

Josh

What kind of water pump are you using that runs on 12 volts? You just added 34 more watts to the 12 volt rail when it's running and up to 3 times that when that pump is starting up until it gets up to speed. I think that you answered your own question about your low 12 volt rail. Most people are using a 120 volt AC pump for reliability and the fact that it doesn't draw any power from your computer psu.

Just my $.02 worth, hope you find your problem.

muddocktor

definatly sounds like a graphics card problem, first of all check that the card is in it's slot properly, then make sure that none of the pins on the monitor connector are bent.

Ok guys so I have narrowed to a PSU problem i think. Short pof buying a new PSU is there anything else I can do (please dont say buy a 120V pump and plug it into the wall either). I mean this is a high quality Antec PSU, it should not have a problem with this I would think. AM I going to have to either A) buy a new pump, or B) buy a new PSU....dont really have the money for either.

Josh

if you have an old one laying around just plug the pump into that and turn it on then turn your computer on and see if that fixes it... or borrow a psu from a friend to test that....

hehe or go steal it from your moms computer(asuming you live with your mom still and she has a computer)

Back