• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AK31 VCore Voltage Prob.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Istari1

Hey guys, my friend just got this MB and we are trying to overclock it. Problem is the Vcore adjustaments dont work in the Bios. Well they work SOMEtimes. But most of the time when we boot into windows MBM only shows ~1.75 for the core voltage, even when we set it to +0.150. Any ideas? I'm not as familiar with this board since its not mine, so I dont know if this is a known or common problem. We also flashed to the latest BIOS from the shuttle website.

Josh

AK31 vcore

Unfortunately the vcore is capped at +.1, or 1.85v. The settings are there for higher vcores, but the voltage regulator does not allow those voltages unless you do a volt mod. That's why when you set it higher it defaults back to 1.75v.

If your friend wants higher volatges on that board, a volt mod is a must.

I have a Vcore problem too but mine is that when I tell it to run at 1.85V MBM tells me that I am running at 1.9V, and If I run overclocked (@ 1533 11.5*133 or 10.5*146) at more than +.1 I get Windows Protection Errors. I have been dissapointed by my overclock but I can go any higher than 1533 without Protection errors, I have heard that when you get Error like I have that it is because you have Low Quality RAM, I have 256MB of Nanya PC2100 at the most agressive settings @2.7V. I also have a low 3.3 and 5 volt rails but I think that a new PSU or a MosFet mod Is nessacary to fix that

Back