• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to modify EPOX-8KHA+ of DIMM VIO AGP electric voltage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yep, Vmem mod is very simple, just replace the R483 resistor with 1k ohm variable resistor. Set variable resistor to 685ohm before you solder it to motherboard.

Here's a pic.

On the R283 both ends and 685 ohCan detailed point that say?m electric resiThe diagram slice can not see clearliesstance OK?

???

You just solder a Potentiometer onto the indicated PIN, its called R823 even if its not marked on the Mobo/

Be careful, I cannot be held responsible.
Good Luck,
M_N

Maximus Nickus said:
???

You just solder a Potentiometer onto the indicated PIN, its called R823 even if its not marked on the Mobo/

Be careful, I cannot be held responsible.
Good Luck,
M_N
You should edit your first reply. You gave the guy the wrong resistor to play with.

stool said:
You should edit your first reply. You gave the guy the wrong resistor to play with.

Like I said I've never done the mod, this was copied and pasted from an article by someone in the Forums at Madonion.com

If its the wrong resistor then which is the correct one?

M_N

Here's the qoute:

At this time I can run my Crucual PC2100 256MB DDR module at 186MHz using most agressive memory timings. In order to achieve this speed I had to increase DIMM voltage a bit. Epox 8KHA+ allows DIMM voltage setting up to 3.2V (it was at 3,15V actually) but obviously this wasn't quite enough The module wouldn't go above 179MHz at Vmem of 3.15V. After I perform the VMem mod w/ 500ohm, i am able to set Vmem up to 3.39V.

He says a different resistor...

Back