• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how many "interestings"?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zangler

i have only recieved one wu with an interesting gussian out of 1090wus....how about you guys....especially tim....im curious what the average is.

in the log, under the heading best gauss'n next to the number presented there, there will be an * like mine says 4.818* that lets you know it is an "interesting" gaussian. also in the sky map, there is a red dot with a green outline to show it was interesting

I got one myself! I think I got it around my 300th WU, but I highly doubt that it is really interesting. The completion time is under 5 minutes, and so I figure I must have been playing a MIDI durring that WU.

When some of you guys submitted your logs to me a while back, I noticed that somebody had I think 3 interesting gaussians. Basher I believe.... Of course I could be totaly wrong... ^_^;

JigPu

JigPu said:
I got one myself! I think I got it around my 300th WU, but I highly doubt that it is really interesting. The completion time is under 5 minutes, and so I figure I must have been playing a MIDI durring that WU.

When some of you guys submitted your logs to me a while back, I noticed that somebody had I think 3 interesting gaussians. Basher I believe.... Of course I could be totaly wrong... ^_^;

JigPu

I had one that is not in my log, Landshark I think had the 3.

yeah, i remember i had a few (3?) when i send the log from all my machines to JigPu. (still waiting Berkeley's call......:D )

it's in SETISpy (if u r using it). click-->work unit-->sky map-->right click-->show history. there u'll see lots of red dot which is all the WUs u've completed. and if u r lucky, u'll see a green dot which is what Berkeley said is interesting........

good luck!

If you are using SETISpy everytime you finish a WU an entry is added to the SETISpy.log file in the same folder you have SETISpy.exe. In this log you can see the time and date the WU was finished, it's name, position in the sky, AR, MFLOPS, time needed to crunch it, the number of spikes, gaussians, triplets and pulses you found and the best scores of all of them.

Currently, if you find a gaussian, SETI will check a test. If passed this gaussians is marked as an interesting gaussian. This gaussian has a slight possibility to be an ET signal, but must be confimed first.

This discrimination will be done as shown in this science newsletters form SETI@home project: Newsletter 8, Newsletter 9, Newsletter 12 and Newsletter 13.

When you open SETISpy in the Results tab you can access you log file, and if you open the WU tab and click in the Sky Map and have the Show history selected, you'll see as a red dot all the WU you have crunched and in green the intersting gaussians found by you.

Myself, in 1985 WU have found 2 intersting gaussians. :)

I once collected the log files from everybody who would submit them, and then compiled them into one big skymap like SetiSpy shows. I was thinking about doing the log file collection again sometime just before SETI was supposed to end. Since it never ended, I never really found a good time to do it again though :)

If you guys are interested, I'll do the Team Skymap again though! It would be cool to see what kind of progress we made since then! Just tell me, and if there's enough interest, I'll make a new thread for everybody to get info / submit to.

JigPu

i dont even have a single gaussin, let alone and interesting one. does that make me not cool? i have completed almost 700 wu :(

anyway, im very interested jiggy!

Back