• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dungeon siege M$ best to date.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

solidsnakexix

I purchased dungeon siege today and it is amazing. It appears that m$ has finally done something right. It has such features as a pack mule to carry all of your junk around, u can have equipped a rangeweapon, melee weapon and a spell book which holds up to twelve spells. Its best feature is the landscape, all 3d, unlike diablo 2 u can control the camera, the controls are a bit complex to begin with but if u read the tips for the first bit u begin to figure them out. Also different from diablo u level up what ever u use, so if u use magic u lvl magic up, meele lvls up meele, etc. There are two different types of magics nature magic and combat magic. You can build a party of fighters to follow you, you control their fight ing stance the way they follow you, and so on and so forth. i have yet to try the multiplayer but am about to soon so i will post back later. All in all i am glad that i purchased it, and have thus far enjoyed it.

-solidsnakexix

I played the demo, and now I'm hooked. Too bad its too expensive for me to affort right now. But I will get that game. Its like NeverWinter Nights for PS2

I've heard a lot about Dungeon siege, but I havn't tried it yet.
I'm downloading it now :)

You can download ithere.

dungeon seige demo

Pretty cool. It reminds me of Diablo 2, but I think NWN will own!

Anyone want to set up the DS demo and play multiplayer?

I played the demo, and I thought it was great! I didn't care if it was a more linear RPG, it was just that fun. But I think i'll wait till it drops $20 cdn, as it's $70 right now.

it's like a Diablo 4!

and the fps aren't too shabby either. my comp plays like a 233mHz and it's still playable, about 6-25 fps [rather than 8 fps max on diablo 2: LOD]

13rian said:
it's like a Diablo 4!

and the fps aren't too shabby either. my comp plays like a 233mHz and it's still playable, about 6-25 fps [rather than 8 fps max on diablo 2: LOD]
Try not playing in 800x600 ;)

Ugh. this game sux. it got boring after the first 5 min, lol.
Its just pointless hack and slash. Diablo2 is funner, at least theres some variety to hack and slash on D2.
Glad i didnt plop down $50 for this :p
Thank god for demos.

I agree with the post above. The graphics are outstanding and the camera system is the best, but the gameplay is 100% boring. I've been spoiled by fast-action fps and strategy games, I just can't get into these mouse-click games.

-Ace-

I would have to agree that its one of their best. To tell you the truth I just got down play for like two hours and was about to go to bed but decided to check OverClockers first. The game is very addicting at least for me...

I personally love this game. IMHO it beats Diablo 2 hands down. I'd play online but they need to fix the bug that prevents people using NAT to host, and I haven't gotten it to join either. Ah well, single player is great too so I can live with that.

-DarkArctic

I'm playing it now as I post, just waiting for health and mana to recharge...
..damn playing this game is not condusive to me getting up in the morning to go to work. Probably be better online (I just borrowed a freind's copy to try out the SP and see how I liked it. Now I'm addicted... Oh well there goes another $70 on pay day.

i think dungeon siege is an awesome game and i agree with DarkArctic hole heartadly about DS beating diablo i find that diablos graphix an gameplay are very monotanous after a while but it is still a good game but ds is better

-King Zielke

The graphics and items and magic and the teams are better on this game BUT it gets boring really fast. Theres ZERO storyline, at least in D2 there was movies and a decent storyline and mini quests in the game, not just hack and slash, there was stuff to keep your intrest.
Maybe somebody will mod this game to include a decent storyline.

Well this game isn't perfect, I would of liked more info on the stats. and more advanced weaponry and more advanced maps for multiplayer. go to #dungeonsiege on efnet... ppl play online there... I'm currently lvl 74 on melee.

I also like Dungeon siege way to much.. It has a bad problem - INGAME CHEATS microsoft screwed up there.. and you can bring those cheats into multiplayer...ahhh .. its like open bnet on diablo... o well maybe they will fix it.. but multiplayer really sucks in the way that you cant bring your singleplayer to multi then back to single.. in someways good and bad.. ok

i give it a 8.6 out of 10

Regarding lack of story in DS...

Just to reiterate, Neverwinter Nights will own!!!!!!!!!

I had to DL that game.... grr have I found a replacement for StarCraft? Looks like it ;) now I just have to go buy the full version...

Back