• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yeah... AX7 for P4!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
But for anyone who has removed the stock retention clips, it uses those for mounting. I have wrote asus to try to get a new one..., cause I broke mine getting it off.

YAY! I'm excited :) feel better now? lol...

If I was still using my stock cooler I might be little more excited. Found any reviews on it yet? The proof is in the temperatures. :cool:

Thank you, much happier now...., lol, :burn:

No I havent read any reviews on them yet, but they are the same as the AX7 with a different clip. So I am hoping they have similar test results.

They were just released and KD just got them in today. I have not seen them anywhere else....

Figures :mad:

I'm getting my Volcano 7 Plus tomorrow as my back up air cooler......Never fails, I order a great item and the next day something cheaper and better becomes available :argue: $#^&$E :argue:

sell it and get a AX478, looks like alot better product.

Hey Sam, are you even sure that Volcano 7+ will fit on you mobo. I had major problems on mine as well as alot of others. Also that Volcano 7+ is loud. My Delta is quiet compared to it.........

huh what? your delta is *quiet* compared to the 7+? I normally think it's silly when people 'defend' the hardware they have, but unless you ran it at the full-speed setting 24/7, it is not loud. The mid setting is very tolerable IMO.

Silver: be *sure* to do a search for my name and a thread I started WRT the 7+. Some people (including me :) ) mounted it backward the first time and it made poor heatspreader contact. When I corrected the mounting, it worked great. You want the fins to curve away from the side of the socket that has the raised part with 'Socket478' on it. At least it is that way for me, may be backwards for you. Just try it the other way if you get crazy temps.

Oh, and Sam, I could make a whole post about the ways I had poor purchase timing on parts fo my new rig, but it happens, you know? Comes with the territory :burn:

The Soyo Board I have has a unique backplate and doesn't use those pathetic plastic pushpins, they use screws instead.(they are countersunk)

Actually I read about your trouble and I tried it both ways and it made full contact both ways.

But I did appreciate that tip ;)

Back