• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nVidia about to rule "Sounds Cards" next ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I hope it comes true, been looking for an alternative to SoundBlaster for a while now. I'm just about to get a Turtle Beach card I think.

Thanks for the info.

Lvcoyote

Hmmm...
Nvidia is trying to break into the sound card industry and Creative Labs is using 3DLabs tech to break (back) into the graphics card market.

Has Satan taken to ice skating around hell? :eh?:
Futura

I have the turtle beach soundcard in my dell, it's great and it didnt come with all that stupid stuff that sound blasters do (all the software and synthesyzers (SP)). go for it Luvcoyote!

this may cause Creative maybe to care about their drivers....just like it did to Ati when they realised they were getting crushed by Nvidia in the GPU market....

I don't think they will "Rule" i just had to have a punch line in the title personal I don't like the nVidia company... As you can see why the GFX card in my sig :) Next thing I do buy for an upgrade will be an ATI or Matrox GFX card right after a P-4 CPU.

Re: Re: nVidia about to rule "Sounds Cards" next ?

mbigna said:
I tried the link... Am I missing something? I don't see anything about nVidia or sound cards...

Me either. If I had to guess, though, it probably had to do with Nvidia using their MCP-D in a sound card. There were rumors about that before the N-Force first came out.

I think they will suck unless they buy someone out in the sound card buisness. I also am leaning toward Turtle Beach, I am sick of my Soundblaster Live. I haven't had problems for over a year with it, then all of the sudden it sucks. Right after the warranty, figures. :mad:

Back