• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

why can't i overclock my mem ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

catman25

Registered
is it possible to stop the overclocking of memory?i have a apollo devil monster 7500(yuck i know)and i tried rage3dtweak ,radeonator,powerstrip,and finally tried overclocking threw the bios it self.the core overclocks fine any way i try ...i can get it @ 290..anything over it locks up..but i had my bios overclocked up to 575mhz for the mem and no differance ,no lock ups or no artifacts and no gain in 3dmark.But all the windows says its actually clocked to 575mhz??what the hell??please help or admit thats not right...i believe its -5 hynix

Well if you are overclocking and you see no gains then either the program isn't doing it or you aren't hitting "apply" or whatever is need to keep it there. 5NS DDR is rated at 400mhz. You should be able to get around that general area. However I've heard that non-ATi radeons tend to have a lower voltage. So you may not be able to get very far.

Try again with powerstrip. That is one program that definately should work. Hit apply after you move the slider up.

I have no experience w/ non-ATi radeons and how they go about working. You would think it's all the same but seeing as how gigabyte's radeon, evn clocked slower does a tad better than the retail at the same clockspeed..it's obviously not all the same thing.

IS THERE A PENCIL TRICK FOR 7500???and im overclocking by the bios?and it shows up on all my tweakers what speed i have set...i flash with the standard bios but set my clocks up...flash it and all my tweakers show the same clock ..but no lock ups??when mem is overclocked too much what will happen ??lock ups? reboot/crash???are just artifacts ...used artifact tester and no artifacts at 510 mhz

Back