• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ever since I upgraded the firmware my screen goes blank : Solved

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Organik

Hey guys everything was well with my system until like a goofball I got some EVGA BIOS for my card and flashed it in windows. IT went though but now certain games when you want to go to menu it takes a long time. Ok I can live with that, but ya ever since the firmware my monitor goes blank while I can still hear music playing in the background then the music stops and PC crashes. We even tried changing the switch on the PCB, but still same problem. Is there anyway I can fix this perhaps with a special BIOS. It's really annoying. I never had this problem in my life until I flashed the darn BIOS of my card. Any help will be appreciated. FYI<, ALL power saving turned off in BIOS and in OC as well. All settings in nvpanel defaults and NO overclocking done. Thanks

Last edited:
Thank you EarthDog for your quick response. Ya sorry I have EVGA FTW ACX and it has Dual Bios,,,, it says on the box. So we took out the video card and change the switch as seen on youtube then first thing I did I went to UT Alpha and when I go to a certain menu theres couple second delay after the bios botch and still there was today. So I went and found this bios from EVGA or something as I had found others before none worked.. but ya I tried this I flashed it,, and ever since then screen hasn't gone black and you can still hear music then it freezes up. So ya thanks for the link.

This doing the same thing,, screen goes off, then it reboots. Im a fool for flashing the BIOS just so the fan speed would go from 42 to 33...... Time for a new video card sighs.

Thought EVGA cards force a reboot at least once 1st time they are on a new setup? Wouldn't flashing the BIOS count as 1st time run?

I had to turn of C states in BIOS ,,,, Why because I flashed my video card BIOS and that messed up the card, so now I must have C states off or else screen blanks out and eventually system runs out, while this is happening I can hear the music in the background still lol, ,,I think thats why my wattage used from avg 145 to 170 , sux, I need a new video card. On top of that my CPU heat goes to 80c in a matter of 1 second, ..All this started when I flashed the darn thing.

Does anyone have a custom made BIOS for my video card ? Something that is not from EVGA. Thanks

Back