• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

o/c'ed P4 temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ss109

Registered
I have a P4 1.9 @ 1.75v, that I am presently running a 2090 @ 1.75v. Water-cooled by a Swiftech kit, ArcticSilver3, currently I have no other case fans but that will change today. Okay, my temps are what's bothering me. My idle temp is 42-43. I ran 3DMark2001SE all night, when I woke up I came in here and checked the temp it was 53, computer had not crashed. However, every once in a while the computer will do something quirky, it won't crash, but the dektop might refresh itself, etc. Now, I assume the temp might drop slightly after the case fans are in, but I am use to having temps in the low to mid 30's. ANy suggestions? Also, should I maybe bump the voltage any?

Thanks

I am running a P4 1.8A at 2160 on a Asus P4TE. My idle is 30C and my load is 36C. I am fixing to put a 120mm intake fan in my window and I expect temps to drop to the 25C idle range. I have a Swiftech MCX478 with a Delta 68CFM. Two Enermax 40CFM as an intake. Two Enermax 40CFM and 1 92mm 60CFM as an exhaust. And like I said I am fixing to add the extra 120mm 130CFM Delta as an intake. Also my voltage is 1.7.

The airflow in your case is really important. The more fresh air you got comming in the better. And remember what you got comming in you have to get out also.

Back