• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 1st OC on new system - Problem with sound

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nismo Nate

My overclocked worked.. I guess.

Below are my specs in sig.

I raised the FSB to 115 and the V core to 1.55v gave me 2.07 GHz. :) :burn: :)

Rebooted and now my sound dose not work ... of course I have the crappie onboard Asus audio, but is there a way to fix this. I also am getting beeps from my MB in place of the nice windows beeps - no sounds at all just MB beeps.

Thanks - Nate:burn:

You can't. The onboard AC97 simply craps out at any moderate overclock. Mine crapped out at the same FSB as you. I disabled it and put a real soundcard in its place.

edit: Your signature is quite large. You could either make the font size smaller, list it horizontally, or both. For courtesy's sake.

Take it to 133 and your sound should work out as you'll hit new dividers. May need to take your RAM to 3x instead of 4x.

Sorry about the big Sig I've been meaning to fix it :)

AC97 is a waste!! thanks for the info.

I'm going to try 133 and 3x ram and see if it works, I think my temps are fine I haven't seen them go past 31c and when I booted this morning it was 21c.

Thanks - Nate:burn:

:edit: what about my V core? should i set it higher when going to 133?

You may have to increase it to 1.7.....who knows. Every chip is different. Try it at default...feed it if needed.

I went to 133 and 1.65v it would not post, just got a bunch of long beeps rebooted went into BIOS it said my FSB was to high for my Proc.

Bah so now that means I can't even OC to 133 FSB? Is there another setting in BIOS I'm missing?

I had the ram on 3x and turbo enabled.

Dose this have anything to do with the onboard audio? - I'm doubting it.

Is there a lower FSB set of dividers?

Do I need to change any of my jumpers?

I'm still a newbie forgive my insolence.

Thanks - Nate :burn:

You're gonna have to increase the VCore to 1.75, but it's more like 1.7 actual, to hit 133FSB

But the BIOS overclock to 133FSB doesn't have the correct PCI/AGP dividers(you're still using 1/3PCI 2/3AGP) so that won't work unless you use the dipswitches and then wirewrap your Northwood for more voltage.

Eh... I'm just gonna get a sound card for now, i don't think I'm ready to "wire wrap" my cpu

thanks for the info, and further adding to my newbieness - Nate

Nismo Nate said:
Eh... I'm just gonna get a sound card for now, i don't think I'm ready to "wire wrap" my cpu

thanks for the info, and further adding to my newbieness - Nate
It's not that bad and actually I didn't do the wire wrap, I used the conductive ink on the CPU socket. MUCH safer and easier. Check it out here: http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88162

But all that said I still can't get to 133fsb. My northwood 2.4 running with 1.85 vcore just beeps (asus says it means not enough voltage). It's not a temp problem because at 120fsb it is about 40C. I can boot with the 120/30/60 jumper but not stable.

What do you guys think? Need more voltage? And if so, what can I do?

Thanks,
Link2000

Back