• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP: Ti4600/TH7iiRaid Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kin Hell

Registered
What a Card,.when it runs :(

Gainward Golden Sample 750XP Ti4600, In Candy Red PCB Driven thro ABit TH7iiRaid Mobo Using EVERY BIOS AVAILBLE and I still get 2 Monitors show up in WindoZe98SE.

Because of this, Monitor REFRESH rates will NOT remember themselves.

I normally use Hz Tool on 98se,...no probs what-so-ever, but even after a fresh Install of 98SE will NOT allow itself to remember its desktop setting of 85Hz Refresh. I am convinced its because Windows always finds another Default Monitor after installing the Drivers for the Ti4600.

I have used most Beta drivers, Official drivers that support the Ti4600, including the ones on the CD that came with the card and the same crap happens everytime,.....default monitor found.
You can even boot up in Safe mode,....delete em both and my Iiyama 510Pro 22" monitor sets itself up and guess what, Hello Default Monitor, bye bye any Refresh Rate settings!!!!!!
Even deleting monitors from Device manager in WindoZe and re-booting will find 2 Monitors.
Even deleting the Iiyama .INF file still gets me with 2 monitors, one Iiyama and one bloody Default Monitor!

However, Installing WindoZe XP aint a problem. Only 1 Monitor sets itself up and there is definately NO hidden monitor anywhere in Device manager under XP.

Then we benchmark and realise we are 1750 3DMarks missing at 3DMark2000 and 2000+ missing in 3DMark2001SE.

So, you can guess my frustration in not being able to set up this Gainward card under WindoZe 98SE....i want the FPS ffs....It just cost me 350 Quid for crying out loud!

I do have a Back up of an Install that does refresh my screens correctly. However, If ever I turn my PC off for any length of time, like when u go to bed, turning it on first thing reveals a real amazing thing.

It tries to load Win98, but the blinking cursor at one of the black blank boot screens goes RED.???????????????????

The after rebooting, u do the obligatory Safe mode boot,....reboot and when u get to ure desktop,...its shafted!!?!?!??!?!

Like 16 colours, no 32Bit option and occasionally, an Errorbox saying the drivers are bolloxed!!!!!??!?!

Mr Naturals 4D bios seemed to invoke the Red Cursor issue but having tried every Bios available since and see the same crap, I aint sure what is what anymore.

If this is the way NVidia are gonna go with their cards, How about "Arse-ing" the muppets that WANT 2 Monitor displays and giving Hard core gamers O N E monitor to look at.

Not much to ask is it, one monitor that works, bugger one that dont and one Bull **** monitor according to Gainward.
The first time this crap happened, I see My Iiyama 22" Pro set up its driver and then see another New Hardware Found box pop up.

WTF??

Default Monitor????

Where?!?!?!....I even raised myself out of my chair, loosly scoping around and behind this Monstous thing with 20" Diagonal & very very very uber flat screen,......just incase there might have been another monitor hiding. U never know,..the lil git may have snook in while I was in bed eh!

Looks like I might be back to an Ultra in the next few days, cos I really dont see this being a simple issue to resolve!

For Crying out loud!!!! :mad:

You obviously read anther link of mine somewhere cooler666, so ure remark is rather futile considering you already probably Know Creative would have to Pay me to put a Piece of their Crap Hardware in my pc!

And I thought these forums were a little more mature than Icrontic! :rolleyes:

Edit:

Just for the record m8, I use a Hercules Game Theatre Xp card for sound. Sure, MP3's sound Mushy but then I got a HiFi that some folk would kill for. As most sound in games is 16Bit only, wtf u need a bull s**t 24bit Audigy card to really bugger ure PC up for?

Apparently, ACPI is the culprit for Audigys not working corerctly. ACPI ON (which is default) can literly BLOW your Audigy Card to bits! :eek:

Have you ever heard such bollox in all ure life! ROFL!

Stuff it, blow 350 quid on a Top Graphics card eh and have to change Op Systems to get it to work.

And another amazing discovery, the fricking Fire Wire card that comes with the Gainward Gloden Sample 750XP Ti4600 also will NOT work on any Op system other than XP.

Think the best thing Gainward can do with this bollox is shove it where the Sun dont shine!

Muppets! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back