• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

check my new chipset block!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
i made an acrylic/aluminum sandwitch wb, 1.5x1.5 base 1in high

1in dia hole in it, with 1/2in copper tubing for 3/8in hose
gonna stick it in later today or tomoro.....

and im gonna make a similar gpu block

Nice!

Seems like you need to "overclock" your camera though ..... Get a pair of "dollar store" or other cheap reading glasses, up to 3x pop out a lens and tape it over your cam lens for better closeups.

RoadWarrior said:
Nice!

Seems like you need to "overclock" your camera though ..... Get a pair of "dollar store" or other cheap reading glasses, up to 3x pop out a lens and tape it over your cam lens for better closeups.

You have got to be kidding me? That would actually work?.... wonder what I could do with my old 35mm camera lens'?

hehehe

Nice there masked... I will say that you might not get very good temps with it. After playing with the SilverBell I realized that more metal surface area is needed. Your insides seem about the same size as mine, but just slightly larger.

Good luck and post up some temps for us once its in!~!

its not for cpu, for north bridge...

gonna make another similar one for my gpu also

looks good, i made a chipset block like that out of a greenie heatsink and encased it in plexiglass, however i have not and will not use it because i have used epoxy which becomes very soft when exposed to water for a long time.

Last edited:
well that scares me a little, thats what i used is epoxy to bond the top to the bottom, and the fittings...

and i have used epoxy for my popcanblocks also, and had no problems....

IFMU said:

You have got to be kidding me? That would actually work?.... wonder what I could do with my old 35mm camera lens'?

You need a pretty weak lens really, if you want to go microscopic you could use the lense out of an old camera, which may only have a focal length of about 20mm, you only need minor correction to the camera lens that's in there, so you want something with a focal lenght above a meter or so, which I why I say reading glasses, magnifying glasses are usually too strong. Older 35mm cameras from the 70s and before with viewfinders but with nearly as much else as SLRs (focus, exposure, iris controls etc) often had clip on closeup lenses available, that were weak magnifying lenses.

regards,

Road Warrior

RoadWarrior said:
Nice!

Hey I heard of crazier things ! I bet it will work :rolleyes: :eek:

Maestro

maskedgeek said:
well that scares me a little, thats what i used is epoxy to bond the top to the bottom, and the fittings...

and i have used epoxy for my popcanblocks also, and had no problems....

you may have used different epoxy, i went for the best stuff i could find easily- long dring araldite, i used it on my plug direct die block as well, when i came to remove it, i could just pull it off without much force, the expoy inside was as soft as putty and had been coloured by the water wetter.

be carful!

Back