• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Random restarts, any takers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DualP3Power

Registered
I am having random restarts when I perform certain tasks in Photoshop. The restarts are sudden, and happen for no apparent reason. Could it be something wrong with my voltages? Thanks!

If you're not having any other problems like BSOD's etc, then I would say it's possibly the power supply or a cpu overheating under full load and resetting the system.

Dual P3s running at 1Ghz. Temps are also not a problem, I use MBM to make sure...

Which OS are you running?

In my own experince. W2K/XP are very sensitive to Overclocking, memory, and HEAT

Although Win9x is know for instability in multi-tasking, it is far superior in term or "Overclocking Stability". It seem to be less bother by faster BUS speed than the much hype Winnt kernel

However, my guess is that your PowerSupply is dying.

this is the most logical guess since you are running DUAL CPU which effective add double the voltage load.

I would #1 buy myself a UPS to ensure a very steady stream of electricity coming to your cpu.

or just buy a new and more powerful PowerSupply to see if it is more stable?

right click my computer...Properties...Advanced Tab...Start Up and recovery Settings...Uncheck Automatic Restart

Back