• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cable Length

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

masitti

I am going to be buying some rounded cables this weekend. I was wondering how long should the cable length be? The case is a Antec 1030b. Thanks for any recommendations and suggestions.

Sorry mods if this is in the wrong place; seems like it would best fit here.

Also, if anyone has any recommendations on cables, and any links would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Ok, so 18" cables, and I will probably go with clear/black color. They are $9 a pop on NewEgg, plus shipping. :eh?: Kinda expensive, so if anyone knows of cheaper price for ATA100, please post. :)

My suggestion is to just measure the length you need. When you are buying rounded cables, you are most likely doing so to improve airflow, lessen cable clutter. What is the point of doing all this if you wind up with a cable 6" longer than you need and it hangs out, when you could have measured the exact length and gotten one the perfect fit so there is no extra mess to have to "deal with". I'm speaking from experience in my buying of rounded cables....I kind of guessed at it, and wish I'd have measured....just MHO though...

XiveX

BTW Mark..you better post some pics of your setup soon!! :D I posted mine for you, now I wanna see some "action" shots of that phat Gigabyte 7VRXP mobo you got... ;)

dont go cheap. look for shielded top-branded cables or save the money.

although the main reason for buying rounded cables is to improve air flow, oTTo has a poiunt, using shilded cables should reduce the ammount of interferance and possably the ammount of errors on the hard disk.
if you go for the shortest your case can take it will reduce resistance and the signal coming and going from the hard disk will be stronger.

Back