• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

At what FSB does AGP Tearing occur at?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Emericana

As i am writing this i am running my CPU at 8.5x200=1.7ghz and it seems very stable. I wanna push my cpu as far as it will go but i heard something like at 215FSB, your AGP card dies on you or something? Can somebody confirm this?

Btw, normally i have my GF3 Ti200 running overclocked but i just reset it to stock defaults just because running at insane FSB speeds is new to me :)

tearing is not strictly caused by AGP bus speed. Usually it happens when you disable Vsync and the card draws much faster than the refresh rate of the monitor- it only paints partial frames.

There is no magic bus speed above which all AGP cards refuse to work- back in the BX days you'd see GF2s running at 100mhz all the time. Although the farther away you get from 66mhz, the more likely your card will die on you.

but it would be interesting to see what ppl get with their cards.

i cant say about my current card but my older geforce 2 mx, it would get artifacts at agp bus 72MHz and higher of course and interface set to 4x.

Back