• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

k7s6a

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sneak

I have had my k7s5a for almost a year now and it has run perfect. I have really liked this board for what I payed for it.

The only problem is that it has no overclocking features (Everyone knows that)

So since I liked the k7s5a so much I was thinking about buying a k7s6a. Is it really worth it to upgrade to that board? Would it be a waste because I could just get a more expensive board if i waited.

i have a k7s6a, i have built systems based on the k7s5a but have not played with the bios yet, but from what i heard before buying my "6a" its a big improvment,

vcore adjustments in .025 increments
many fsb combos but the fastest is 166/166 ( i would like more)
lots of memory settings and such

note: the northbridge gets a bit warm you may want to add active cooler

hope that helps, Digital

OCworkbench has an overclocking bios for the k7s5a which works quite well. Also you can use CPUFSB which is a windows program that alows you to overclock directly in windows.

There are no Voltage adjustments allowed however, so if you would like to increase the voltage then you would have to do it by the Bridges.

I hope that helps you.

Back