• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's the best 3rd party program to view system temps and such?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Funaro

Registered
I'm using the bundled Asus software (Asus Probe v.2) to get my CPU/MB/core temps. I've read in a few different threads though, that the numbers displayed in this program can in fact be quite a bit off from actuality. Is there much truth to that??

But more importantly, I was wondering what software you guys use to check your system's vitals. Can you list your preferred method of getting system temps? Also, is there a general consenus as to which program works the best?

Here is Motherboard Monitor 5 . It is a very good program:D As for the Asus temps being off, It is the board that reads high compared to other boards that read the insocket thermistor. But it is closer to what the boards that are reading the internal diode inside of XPs. Good luck:D

hmmm as to wat type of software base monitoring i use speed fan but i perfer an external one with probes like dig doc 5 or hardcano 2 by thermal take

I use Motherboard Monitor 5 too. It's much better than those programs that comes with your mobo. I never tested to see whether MBM is reliable or not, but from what I read over the Net, it's one of the best. ;)

Back