• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Questions for safe overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

neocyber_16

I have 1000 Morgan Duron and I want to overclock it. I noticed in 3dMark2001 SE, that the maxium clock a this cpu can take is 1.2ghz. Is that true? I have an MSI K7T Turbo 2. In bios it has the following features

CPU Vcore Select - ranges from 1.550 V to 1.850 V
AutoDetect DIMM/PCI/ CLK - enable or disable
SpreadSpectrum Modulated - Enable or disable
Clock by Slight Adjustment - FSB overclocking from 100 to 133 by one (i.e 100, 101, 102, 103..up to 133)
CPU Ratio Clock - x7.5 to 15

-----------------------------------------
The default is

CPU Vcore Select - Default (1.75v)
AutoDetect DIMM/PCI/CLK - enable
SpreadSpectrum Modulated - Enable
Clock by Slight Adjustment - 100
CPU Clock Ratio - Default
-----------------------------------------

Questions

-Again does the 1000 Morgan Duron only reach a top speed of 1.2 or can it reach further?
-Do i have to do anything to the chip itself with these mobo features. Like connecting bridges such as the L1 Bridges? Is connecting the L1 bridges necessary for this mobo to overclock? or is modifying the bios fine enough?
-1.75 Volts enough to handle more than 1GHZ
-Thermal Take Volcano 6 (4500RPM) enough for cooling? W/Arctic Silver 3.
-And finally can somebody show me how to modify the Bios settings above for safe overclocking. (For example what would you apply in those bios settings i just showed)

BTW - i know this is long and extensive, but i want to be cautious abut OC. Thanks

Back