• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8500 tv-out not working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

advanR

I bought one of the newegg bulk 8500's at 250/275 w/ only one RAMDAC. I can't get the tv-out to work. Since there is only one converter, you are only supposed to get one output image, or are not able to use both at the same time, but Im unable to use the tvout even if I disconnect the vga cord. When I go into advanced settings, displays, the tab for the tv display never becomes selectable.

I have a few ideas why.

1. this card was never supposed to be able to utilize tvout even though there is a connector, because it is an odd "bulk" batch being sold.

2. My connection setup is making it not able to work. I have an svideo-rca cable plugged in to the back of the card. Then it goes into a vcr input. Then out to an old *** 1980s TV via vhf/uhf ****. I would think that it would be able to work with this old thing, as videos play, and other equipment works through the inputs, ie. playstation. But all I get is a blue screen, as if nothing is plugged in at all. Not to mention the drivers wont allow me to select tvout. But Im guessing what this is doing is not allowing the card to detect something is connected, and therefore not allowing me to enable tvout in the settings.

3. Different drivers would do the trick. I have currently tried this with the ATI 6031's for win9x, and now the Omega 9031's. Maybe the new cats will fix it.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. My guess would be the problem lies somewhere within #2. How would I solve it though?

thanks

TV-out doesn't work well with some TVs, on my TV I can get it to work, but when I try to play a video it just shows the video window but no actual video, but on my friends tv it works flawlessly, make sure you have the s-video cable plugged in well, other then that try posting at www.rage3d.com

Well the problem with me is there is no video signal at all, but thanks for commenting. Could anyone else help? I know someone on this board knows whats wrong, pls?

Back