• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

589% Performance Increase!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KLowD9x

I have a borrowed TNT2, and its SLOW! I borrowed it only becuase it was AGP and performed better than my PCI Voodoo 4 4500. Heres pretty much where the story begins. I was using Sandra, and it told me my video BIOS was too old, and the card is a diamond, but they dont have BIOSes for this card. So, I went to NVidia looking to see if they had one, but they didnt and I just started snooping around. I noticed at the bottom of the page a button that said "Analyze My PC" So, I clicked it to see what it was. It said that if I got a GF4 Ti 4600, I would get a 589% increase in performance! Right now I get a whopping ~2200 3D Marks. So, what this program is saying is that if I get this card, I will be getting 12958 3D Marks!?!?!!?

Thanx in advance!:cool:

lol, good thread title...got my attn :)

realistically, with your cpu, i'd wager you'll see around 7500-8500 (educated guess). i don't even see 12k running an 8500 and p4 @ 2.72.

Sorry for the Hijack:

How much increase in scores would I expect going from 133-140FSB to ~180 FSB (no CPU increase) in 3DMARK?

I get around 8900 or so with XP 1800+ @ 1.61 and Radeon 8500 OEM @ 275/275 ---- At 133-140FSB.

What could I expect with the same config at 180FSB?

Note: I can't try it yet :)

Hmmm, it's only a 39% increase over my bro's stock 1.4 Tbird and stock GF3 and my machine benches way higher. It'd probably be only like %20 over mine (until it was overclocked, that is).

--Illah

Well this sux! I tried to install my BIOS today, and it doesnt work. Ive used NVFlash and D(iamond)Flash...both say the eeprom is unknown. I got the right BIOS for it, its a TNT2 from Diamond (Viper V770). Could someone give me a link to how to flash a video bios? Thanx

Dragobich said:
Sorry for the Hijack:

How much increase in scores would I expect going from 133-140FSB to ~180 FSB (no CPU increase) in 3DMARK?

I get around 8900 or so with XP 1800+ @ 1.61 and Radeon 8500 OEM @ 275/275 ---- At 133-140FSB.

What could I expect with the same config at 180FSB?

Note: I can't try it yet :)

As mentioned in another thread, 3dmark loves FSB. I've noticed my highest 3dmark increases with FSB oc'ing than anything else, inlucidng vid card oc'ing. With the setup you have, 10k is a realistic goal with some tweaking...FSB is high on the list of things that'd help though.

Mike

Back