• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Breaking 11000 pts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

illwillchill

Currently i've been trying to breaking 11,000 pts on my 3d mark score. I'm using rivatuner to overclock my G4 Ti4600 Chaintech, but I think ive reached my limit and can't overclock it any more. I'm having trouble using rivatuner's settings. I want to push it over 11,000, any suggestions on the settings?

Thanks

3d Mark results

Last edited:
SnowBird said:
Maybe raising the front side bus a bit more?

That's what I was thinking. A bus really helps the video card performance. You should try upgrading the cooling on it perhaps.

Yodums

Yodums said:

That's what I was thinking. A bus really helps the video card performance. You should try upgrading the cooling on it perhaps.

Yodums

take Yodums word look at those white stars he's a pro i bow down to you Yodums lol

illwillchill said:
Currently i've been trying to breaking 11,000 pts on my 3d mark score. I'm using rivatuner to overclock my G4 Ti4600 Chaintech, but I think ive reached my limit and can't overclock it any more. I'm having trouble using rivatuner's settings. I want to push it over 11,000, any suggestions on the settings?

Thanks

3d Mark results

Project id is invalid. Difficult to see where you are at, sorry.:(

wilhelm310 said:

take Yodums word look at those white stars he's a pro i bow down to you Yodums lol

Don't judge people by their stars. I must say even senior members don't know everything. Everyone has their area, and video aint my best. There are many other people who are very knowledgable in this area. Silver being one.

Memory speed effects scores greatly to I've noticed, along with fsb speed. That might be what's holding you back. I'm only at 9100.

Yodums said:

Don't judge people by their stars. I must say even senior members don't know everything. Everyone has their area, and video aint my best. There are many other people who are very knowledgable in this area. Silver being one.

Thank you Yodums. Yodums is very knowledgable as well and I dare say more than I in most areas. Go out and check your score in project compare. Run it against 'all xps' and ti4400 (which is what I have). Of course all 'os's'. Pull up silver and this will compare you to I. Notice some differences? Dump the 29.80 detonators as they are having trouble with riva. Pick your next favorite. Your fsb is low and this is going to hurt you. The cpu speed is going to hurt as well. This card loves cpu and even more so the fsb. Don't worry too much about ram speed and do by all means use a good gpu speed. Don't run the vram real hard but do oc it to a safe level. Look at nature, this is probably holding the better part of 500 points. At the very least several hundred.
Check system ram timings and play with ram settings to get absolute highest bandwidth as reported by sisoft, then drop me a note. Take care and best of luck. P.S. might think about a 333 mobo, I suspect there would be another 1,000 points in it alone anyway. I would look to break thirteen on air with the setup you have now and you are going to have to work to get it. The card is not the problem, it is just plain faster than your system.

Back