• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1/2 or 3/8?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If anyone tries to place an order with Mcmaster for the 7/16 tubing, let us know if you can order (and actually receive) less than 25 feet. I suspect that line item would be rejected or raised to the minimum quantity. The column labeled "Available Lengths, Ft" contains 25,50,100.

but its only .36 cents a foot. 25' is only gonna cost you $9.00, add shipping and it should still be well under $20. Why wait?

Only problem i see with this tubing for me, is that i would need to get 1/2" barbs for the MCW50 VGA block since i dont think the 5/8 OD would work w/out it.

just wondering, is this tubing made of the same stuff as tygon and clearflex60 because some plasic tubing allows water to diffuse quicker than others and tgon etc. is very good at preventing this.

5233K44
Masterkleer General Purpose Clear PVC Tubing 7/16" ID, 5/8" OD, 3/32" Wall Thickness
In stock

Quantity Per Ft.
1-99 Ft. $0.36
100 or more 0.28

Think I'll be ordering some, hopefully I'll be able to fit this stuff over a HC inlet and outlet :D

Let us know how you like it because I'm especially interested to see how this stuff compares to Clearflex 60. I've been going back and forth between getting 1/2" ID Clearflex, 1/2" ID MasterKleer, and now 7/16" ID MasterKleer:bang head . I've never used any (haven't got my setup yet) and can't decide which to go with. If you could post some pics of the tubing when you get it maybe if you have some Clearflex 60 lying around to compare the two side by side it'd be awesome. :clap:

do mcmaster ship to the UK? If they do then i'm gonna orger some, 1/2in tubing is too bulky for my case but i want something big enough to fit over my 1/2 inch barbs.

I was just about to order some to try out but ungh.. they don't specify a shipping cost.. I'm too paranoid to place an order not knowing if they are gonna charge me $5 or $20 for hose..

If someone has too much let me know and I'll buy it from you

Jon

My 10ft of 1/2" ID ClearFlex 60 was $6.50 with $4.25 shipping to Las Vegas. This was UPS ground btw and just to let you know it arrived in 2 days. :D

Okay, I caved and tried to order 10 feet. I'll let you know if they ship it :)

(edit) not bad. I guess these guys are in la la land so I had to pay a whole 30 cents shipping.

Line Quantity Part Number Description Unit Price Total Price Ships
1 10Ft. 5233K44 Masterkleer General Purpose Clear PVC Tubing 7/16" ID, 5/8" OD, 3/32" Wall Thickness$0.36
ships in the morning
Merchandise $3.60
Tax $0.30
Shipping $4.50
Your credit card will be charged $8.40

Last edited:
You had to pay $.30 tax...$4.50 for shipping. :p

Let us know how that tubing goes for you.

Yeah isn't that awesome.. I paid more in shipping than for the product. It's all good when it's a cheap price thou.. heh :)

I got the tubing today thus confirming they will ship only 10 feet of it. I'm glad I ordered 10 thou becuase whoever packed it used zipties on it and it looks as if they pulled with all of their might. Some of the hose is ruined being bent out of shape from the pressure of the zip tie. I should have enough thou and if I don't I can allways use the 1/2 stuff for the t-line.

Initial impressions:

Well being a total watercooling noob it's hard for me to say but I've got the cleaflex 60 1/2 here and then the new 7/16 and I can say is.. wow the 7/16 is super duper flexy and it doesn't lose a whole lot compared to the 1/2 in inner diamater but the sidewall makes the real difference. It seems so thin and soft that I hope it holds it's shape under pressure. It's probably fine as I am just used to holding the uber thick 1/2. So far I am glad I got this as it seems it will be much easier to install into my system and IMO look better as well.

I'm still waiting for some key parts for my system and it seems as if Monarch Computers is taking thier time with shipping my A64 so I might not have a chance to put this together until next week but I will let you know more.

Sorry about the bad pics.. it's what happens with a good camera has no light!

hose1.jpg

hose2.jpg

Pic of the ziptie destruction

ziptie.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the update J So, I was begining to wonder if people forgot. That sucks about the zip tie damage dude :-/. How does the clarity of the Masterkleer compare to the Clearflex? Is one clearer than the other or are they about the same?

The 7/16 is little clearer but I think it's just a byproduct of it being thiner.

I'm getting so anxious about getting this finished it's killing me!!

Back