• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1 pump for two cooling pieces or two pumps for two cooling pieces?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Merecol

Registered
Hi guys.I want to do a system to make cold gpu and cpu with liquid.is it best to use two pumps with two radiators or two pumps with one radiator or one pump and one radiator?

Welcome to Overclockers,

What cpu and gpu are you planning to cool? And why... silence or performance (overclocking) or both?

Case information would also be nice...

Water cooling just the cpu and gpu only needs 1 good pump like a D5 or Aquastream XT pump if you live in Europe. And a good 480 radiator or 2x 240 rads.

Dual pumps are used for high restrictions setups or for redundancy.

Hi:)I wanted to use a swiftech h 240 x2 prestige to refresh cpu and gpu.Or use the swiftech to refresh only the cpu and buy a graphic card with water cooling incorporated.My cpu is an i7 6700k and gpu nvidia 1070.What is the best solution considering prestations and noise levels?

EK Predator 360, you can add the GPU to it.

What case are you using?

Hi:)I wanted to use a swiftech h 240 x2 prestige to refresh cpu and gpu.Or use the swiftech to refresh only the cpu and buy a graphic card with water cooling incorporated.My cpu is an i7 6700k and gpu nvidia 1070.What is the best solution considering prestations and noise levels?

I see...in that case i think its best to use the Swiftech h.240 x2 just for the cpu i don't think adding a gpu will do it good from my understanding a 240 wont cut it cooling a i7 6700k and gtx 1070. So as you already said get your self a hybrid gtx 1070.

Or as ATMINSIDE proposed an EK Predator 360. Don't know if that would be sufficient for both cpu and gpu unless feedback is given by people using it.

Option one Swiftech H.240 x2 (since you already have one) for cpu and a hybrid gtx 1070 is i think the cheapest solution but i have no experience with either in regards of cooling and noise levels.

The 360 would be plenty for the ~250W heat load it would need to handle :)

Back