• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1 stick of RAM OK, 2 Sticks BSOD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

muelo1000

Registered
I just bought some new ram mobo recognize the ram and it even had the right XMP made sure the timing was right voltage was right so a few minutes in and BSOD (funny thing is that sometimes could be ok for a few minutes others about half hr. or 45 min. before BSOD some times its as soon as booting up. I ran memtest86+ with both stick and its just error after error, so then I ran one stick at a time ti find out which one was the "bad stick" ran each one about 7 times in a row they pass smh.....am kind of stumped

system specs
CPU: Intel i3 2105 (dual core with ht)
GPU: Asus GTX 560 Ti
Mobo: Asrock z68 Extreme3 gen 3
HDD: Barracuda 1 TB
SSD: OCZ Agility 3 SSD 64GB (for intel Smart Response Technology)
Psu: OCZ ZT 750W
RAM: G. skill snipers 2133 (CL9-11-10-28) @ 1.65

this is the ram in Question
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231518

Try bumping VCCSA up a bit, try 0.985v rather than the default 0.925v.
If your board doesn't have it, it's probably lumped in with VCCIO(VTT on some), raise that a bit instead.

there are only preset values ...the next one after the 0.925V default is 1.016V

sometimes ram will run fine in single channel and crash under multichannel, sounds like you may have a bad stick.

sometimes ram will run fine in single channel and crash under multichannel, sounds like you may have a bad stick.

I ran them in memtest each and they passed ...... is it possible that one stick is fine when you run it by itself and then crash when run in dual channel ?

its either one of the sticks is bad or some bios setting needs to be adjusted.
if you have the voltages and timings set at its advertised specs then its bad ram.

its either one of the sticks is bad or some bios setting needs to be adjusted.
if you have the voltages and timings set at its advertised specs then its bad ram.
One thing as I said before there preset values.....there is no 1.65v ........its ether 1.642 or 1.672 don't think it matters just want to tow that out there

One thing as I said before there preset values.....there is no 1.65v ........its ether 1.642 or 1.672 don't think it matters just want to tow that out there

it's better to be slightly high than slightly low, that's what my grand pappy told me on his death bed.

and keep vtt within 0.5v of dimm voltage or you kill the integrated memory controller.

Back