• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1 Yellow RPM Wire cut okay?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Davidleebjr

Pair of Yate Loon High Speeds on one fan controller: RPMS on a Y splitter on channel one were all over the place!.

Chopped (1) of the yellow wires and things seem fine now... Is this okay since both Yates are same model ....? Seems to ramp both up fine. Didn't know if would cause damage killin rpm meter off one fan??/

Assumed one rpm still good for both yates high speed bottom push fans for 240 black ice rad... 2 pull yates on top

Thanks... :screwy:

ppic-MAXI-Scythe-Kaze-Master-Ace-PC-fan-controller-PC-temperatue-monitor-temperture-display-fan-monitor-scykm02bk.jpg%3Bjsessionid%3DD9EFD5D5029205A206B2161DA0851028

The yellow wire is just RPM monitoring. The fan will work perfectly fine without it.

A fan splitter should only have 1 RPM wire hooked up, otherwise the signals from two fans will confuse the daylights out of the controller.
Really surprised your controller had both hooked up in the first place.

No harm at all in how you fixed it. That's how it should have been made.

Yellow wire cut...

Thanks for the assistance..

Scythe Kaze Master II (Version 5) had it right... I through a wrench in the program when I used a Y splitter off 1 channel for my 2 yates push and Y split my 2 yate pulls on another channel.

All in all seems perfect now that I have matching fans on my rad, both push and pull

Idling at 30 celcius No OC yet and almost dead silent pc at 800 rpm.

Thanks again for the Quick Assist... this forum rocks for getting answers when you need them.. :thup:

Back