• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

10$ case... what is it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bob4933

Was at local computer shop. They buy old stuff and I Was seeing what they had for cases, adn this little diamond in the rough called my name. Its 100% aluminum, not a piece of plastic on this case! I have no idea what it is, Im gonna be modding it pretty heavily (read: Fans everywhere).

It even has a slide out motherboard tray, which is cool as hell. Everything is modular, I can completely gut the case and add in what I wanted. Definitely a sick buy for 10$. Its old for sure, the amount of dust that was inside, and the 3pin powered fans give that away.

That said, Im not sure waht to do with the small port on the front, as it was missing that piece. What is that for?

osr3.jpg

dm7f.jpg

5oqe.jpg

not going to use this, but I thought it was pretty nifty haha

e0tk.jpg

That looks like an older Lian Li, actually. If it is, that was a steal for $10.

At very least, it is a knock-off of one.

Cool beans. Either way, it fits the bill exactly what I wanted :D

Any cool suggestions for front slot? Id prefer usb or something of that nature as I dont use removable media so much.

:O I see! 40$ for usb drives... aka "make my own" haha

Ill see how this goes ;)

You should go back to that shop and ask if they have any more "$10" cases. ;)

They had a whole slew of cases! When I have more time, Ill drop in and see what I can find.

Hey look, front usb and audio connectors xD Went pretty well I guess :attn:

tj4q.jpg

That said, Im not sure waht to do with the small port on the front, as it was missing that piece. What is that for?

You mean the 3.5" bay for a floppy drive?! Goddamn, I'm only 25 but you just made me feel ancient...

Sweet deal for a nice piece of work!

You mean the 3.5" bay for a floppy drive?! Goddamn, I'm only 25 but you just made me feel ancient...

Sweet deal for a nice piece of work!

Well considering floppy drives have been dead for... oh over a decade .... haha I was meaning like real world applications at the time, didn't even think about usb hubs and stuff.

And don't worry, I'm older then you, so you can rest easy.

Back