• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

100% overclock [email protected] GHZ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Summary of progress for this project.

1)It runs 100% stable @3.6GHZ @200MHZ fsb with 1.625Vc

2)It needs much more Vc @3.69GHZ @205MHZ with 1.725Vc

3)It's not stable beyond that point...although it can post up to
212MHZ fsb @3.81GHZ....i cannot boot into Windows.

4)My last attempt for a higher speed will be just experimental.
I 'll do the wire-trick for 1.725Vc and see what it can do with more voltage.
But the sweet spot remains @3.6GHZ

WOW! OMG!

I was considering an AMD for my next CPU......
However, i've red soo many posts about amazing Intel overclocks.
This one has tipped the balance!

iamthegreatest said:
WOW! OMG!

I was considering an AMD for my next CPU......
However, i've red soo many posts about amazing Intel overclocks.
This one has tipped the balance!

Hi & Welcome to the forums.

Just in case you didnt noticed...this o/c was done using a Prometeia for cooling.

But it also did 3.24 GHZ using the Intel hsf.

SL6LA !!! I wish all 1.8A CPU have this only :D :D

Dang! can anyone tell me when is the older stepping Cpu will finish ?? I am planning to buy a 1.8a but I don't want a B0 :(

I believe in a couple of months...the b0 stock will run out.
So at the end of January all the big stores will only have C1 steppings.

TASOS said:
I believe in a couple of months...the b0 stock will run out.
So at the end of January all the big stores will only have C1 steppings.

It's taking quite a bit longer than initially expected, that much is clear. I remember the end of november being quoted as the timeframe of availability of C1's on lower clockspeeds on the front page...

But I can't wait so long !!! :(

Guess I will just go out and try my luck

or maybe buy a Dell system?? :D LoL

You may find lower-speed C1s elsewhere. I live in Hungary, Central Europe, and a local store just got a trayful of OEM 2.0 Ghz C1s. A friend of mine can test them all, and he will select one that overclocks to 3.2 Ghz... :)

laja said:
You may find lower-speed C1s elsewhere. I live in Hungary, Central Europe, and a local store just got a trayful of OEM 2.0 Ghz C1s. A friend of mine can test them all, and he will select one that overclocks to 3.2 Ghz... :)

Post your results when ready...i'm interested to know how these P4 2.0GHZ respond to O/C

Rio71 said:

... but please : don't kill the nice chip. (S.D.N.S.) :eek:

yes, you have a nice rig! :beer:

1.7 is risky, i dont have a p4 but ive read lots of posts that the most minimal increase above 1.7v results in SDNS to p4s...

PhobMX said:

3 or 4 years instead of 20 sounds fair

There is no telling what the chips actual lifetime is, much less how much you are shortening it by overclocking.

In any case I'd think 20 years is overly optimistic... and CPU failure has been observed to occur within weeks.

They used LN2 huh? You are sure about this? I never read that and I followed that story closely. You have some links for us? I highly doubt it was LN2 in a crowd of people. You do know that LN2 gas will kill you in too high of concentrations? I doubt they were gassing the IDF with LN2! The LN2 only cools if it is given off as a gas. Imagine the heat output of a 4.8GHz chip! That LN2 would have been boiling off pretty fast.

OK, now I'm picky
But my chemistry finals are close, and I need some relieve
LN2 is Liquid nitrogen. It is not a poisonous gas. About 79% of the atmosphere consist of nitrogen. So I don't think it will kill you in high conc.....:) :) :)

As soon as the Administrators stop excepting hotmail mail accounts and I change mine , I couldn't post....I change my mail account again and......HERE I AM.....!!!!

CONGRATS TASOS for the AWESOME Overclocking and the AWESOME chip you got there...... :D :clap: :santa: :beer:

Back