• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

100% overclock [email protected] GHZ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Csybe said:
Are all the 1.8A C1s so good or was it just luck? What about the 2.0 C1's?

So far i've seen about 5-6 of these SL6LA 1.8A and they are doing about the same.
Aircooled 3.2-3.3GHZ average
Prometeia 3.6-3.7GHZ

***LAST UPDATE***

I did the vid-pin for 1.725...and tested the cpu up to 1.850Vcore.
The results...???

NOTHING AT ALL

I didnt gain anything....and i can also say that the cpu did WORSE.
I couldnt even boot @205 mhz fsb.
Now that i have completed all my testings...i can say that 1.775 is the MAXIMUM operating Vcore for this cpu (and i believe all C1 stepping cpu will behave like mine).

Anyway...i'm happy with my 3.6GHZ ....and simply waiting for some really great GB mobo's to come out....then my current system will ROCK

Cheers to all...and happy holidays !!!

Nice work Tasos. I'm just wondering if any of the 1.8s like yours will reach the retail market in significant numbers before Intel discontinues the 1.8. Anyway, you've shown that 4.0 Ghz on air isn't far away. I'm looking for 21K+ 3Dmarks(2001) on air. And it's going to happen real soon.

TASOS,

Did you happen to get the fpo/batch number off of that gem chip of yours??? Mainly interested in the plant and week. Also, what PSU are you running? Just trying to get some ideas on the components that you used. I should have a 1.8 plucked out of a recent Dell build. As a matter of fact it was put together last night. With the holidays, I do not expect to see it till the new year though. I am starting to see a pattern with chips that are from week 36. They do not seem to perform as well. The early week 30s seem to do really good. And the week 40s have shown good results. I know that Ed has been trying to gather info form c1 owners. I have not had the best of luck with my 2.4b c1. It is only stable at 160fsb. By stable I mean prime95. It can boot at higher fsb, but hits the prime wall at 160.

Buzzdog

Buzz

My cpu is Malay week 42...and also "hipro5" has the same.
They both did approx. 3.7GHZ with Prometeia.

Back