• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1090t & ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 freeze

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yah I need it to finish so I can find out which chip(s) are bad and send them back for new ones.

If you get even one error in MemTest you've got a problem. 181 or more is definitely not good ...

Ok so I ran through individual ram tests for each chip and found that 1 out of 4 was bad, I paired it up with its original counter part and am RMAing to new egg for an exchange.
I put the ram that was good (2x2Gb) back in there proper slots and ran MEMTEST86+ again with everything set to disable over clocking and auto voltage and speed. Everything checked out as I ran over night, no errors.

I rebooted my machine and as of this afternoon 2 hours into the machine being booted into windows, and again while watching a streaming video, Netflix in this case, it froze again. :fight:

What the H*** am I doing wrong here?:bang head:mad:

Any help is much appreciated.

Can you post a screen shot of your events like konchus did?

As soon as I get home I will post the shot, unfortunately I am at work until midnight. But last time I was comparing the screen shots they were basically identical.

I have like 6 more days for RMA's for standard return/exchange through newegg warranties. Sad part is the system can run idling for days at a time with nothing but windows running and I have no issues.

Can you post a screen shot of your events like konchus did?

capturemv.jpg

capture2z.jpg

Does CBS use Silverlight, too? You might check to make sure that's updated. I've heard it's buggy at best, on some systems, and I've had an occasional problem with it myself (Netflix), though not the same as yours ...

Does CBS use Silverlight, too? You might check to make sure that's updated. I've heard it's buggy at best, on some systems, and I've had an occasional problem with it myself (Netflix), though not the same as yours ...

Nope CBS uses Flash, the system is 100% updated

I got some info to test the memory at 1.7v 1333 from Corsair and it passed all night long with no errors.

I removed my Samsung H.D. and transferred everything over to my WD 1TB to see if it may have been an issue with the H.D. since I noticed some stability issues had occurred in the past with Samsung Drives.

About to test the computer now.

Oh and I ran Prime95 for 10 hours with no issues, I don't know why, yet, that I am having such issues.

So my system ran for almost 2 hours streaming netflix with no issues and then Bam! Hard freeze again.

That's got to be some kind of driver conflict. If P95 (Blend, I hope?) passes for hours on end then I can't imagine it being a hardware problem.

When you swapped drives did you do a clean install, then update Windows (to SP1), then install drivers, then the streaming apps?

Edit
And just to reiterate - this is a new build and not OC'ed in any way?
You didn't swap hardware (except the HDD) from another build and then use the same Windows installation?

That's got to be some kind of driver conflict. If P95 (Blend, I hope?) passes for hours on end then I can't imagine it being a hardware problem.

When you swapped drives did you do a clean install, then update Windows (to SP1), then install drivers, then the streaming apps?

Edit
And just to reiterate - this is a new build and not OC'ed in any way?
You didn't swap hardware (except the HDD) from another build and then use the same Windows installation?

Yes P95 was on Blend.
When I swapped I did do a clean install, did updates, drivers, and streaming stuff.
And... you are correct, the system is not overclocked in any way
Oh and The HDD is brand new

What other programs do you have installed?

Nothing... I have had to redo this system so many times and try things out and replace components that The only things that are installed are Windows 7 Pro, Firefox, and Adobe Flash, Silverlight, Adobe PDF, and Microsoft Security Essentials. The very basics. I refuse to install anything else until the system is stable enough to actually use. Okay that isn't true, I also have prime95 installed too.

If the Win update didn't take care of the problem (and you did that before installing anything else?) then I'm at a loss.

Did you happen to test SilverLight before installing Flash? I can't see where any of the other programs could effect it but Flash might. Just throwing it out there ... :shrug:

do you have the onboard video disabled in the bios?

Sorry I am just getting back to you now. I RMA'd my motherboard ,processor and the bad RAM and just got it the replacements tonight up and running. I am still having the same problem, with the exception that tonight I left my computer running while I was at work and the whole system was frozen when I got home.
And yes I disabled the On-Board Video. Thanks for any and all help everyone.
The only thought is that this motherboard HATES the Corsair RAM I have

Back