• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED 120 mm fan suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Erik89

Hello again guys and gurls,

I'm looking to replace the rotating spectacle on my H100i that corsair calls fans with something less noisy. What fans would you suggest?

Look at Noctua, they're not the cheapest, but they're dead silent and still have good static pressure :)

Do you have any experience to how the NF-F12 PWM performs when it hugs a radiator?

p12's are great but they tend to vibrate and if you don't use rubber between case and fan you might get a hummm

Scythe GentleTyphoons or Noiseblocker eLoop B12, anything else is just a toy.

I am jumping in on this thread. I haven't bought any 120mm fans for probably 8 years...My yate loons are toast.

What are the cheapest 120mm silent fans out today? It is only to be used for hard drive ventilation so it doesn't need to be anything special. Just cheap and quiet (quiet-ish...server is in the wardrobe).

Coolermaster used to be junk. Guess stuff's changed!
$7.99 amazon prime...done deal. Thanks.

It will never match Delta for power or even performance per dollar, but if a little airflow is all you need, it works great. Sort of like comparing a Corolla to a Tesla.

Erik, just remember that if you want speed control through your H100i that the fans you buy need to be PWM.

I recently bricked my H100i when I updated the firmware, so the fans are constantly on at 100% (the pump is still running). So I'm using a fan controller to control the fans :)

Back