• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

144hrtz ASUS VG248QE vs 60hrtz Samsung

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Metlcub

Hey all
I was thinking about getting a new monitor. I currently use the
Samsung BX2331 LED 1080p 60hrtz 2ms monitor.

I am thinking about
ASUS VG248QE 1080p 1ms 144hrtz monitor.

I do game, League of Legands, some FPS, Diablo 3. But I also use it as a every day email, pay bills, watch movie etc. What would the pro's and cons be on upgrading? 1080p is fine for me for resolution.
Thanks

I dont see the point of a 144hz monitor for your gaming. I use 60hz and only play FPS and it doesn't bother me.

Just to play devils advocate, I bought a Dell U2414H about 2-3 months ago and I have to say it's a really nice monitor to play on.

This will give you a much better picture quality and viewing angle than the options listed in the OP.
It also gives more inputs and VESA mounting options. Or, if you don't care to use VESA, it gives a vastly better stand.

Moving away from 60Hz and into 120Hz or higher territory is nice for not just games, but even simple desktop use. EVERYTHING is smoother, but more-so the games. Cannot stress enough how much smoother games are, ESPECIALLY FPS games.

Having said that, and while I love mine, for the cost of the ASUS you are moving into IPS/PLS territory. And the Dell U2414H posted 2 posts up, is an excellent IPS panel that offers striking color reproduction.

So this is where you need to ask yourself a very important question, would you prefer smoother games or better colors?

I would get a 1440p 60Hz monitor. Have you checked Korean monitors like QNIX and X-star? They're approximately $300 right now for a 27" 1440p PLS panel.

Back