• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1700+ Palomino proc didn't like 166MHz FSB :rolleyes: and released its magic smoke...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks for all the info!

Hi, and thanks for the welcome!

Geez, you guys are fast compared to some other bbs/forum sites I've been on. I figured to get maybe 2-3 replies after a week, and that I just happened to catch someone online when I got the first reply so fast.... I went and got a nice new 2800+ and a Volcano 10+ cooler like I was planning to do in a couple months anyway, and it booted up fine. I don't know for sure if the old proc was really bad, but the new one is a lot nicer. Currently I'm running it at the stock speeds, as that lets it run nice and cool (49 deg C) even under heavy use, which keeps the fans running slower and quieter. Since I use this machine for audio recording, and my control booth *is* my studio, quiet is currently more important than faster, as I'm now flying compared to my old proc.... I spotted another thread on soundproofing that I'm going to study and apply as much as is possible, as every dB counts.

Thanks again!

C ya,
Dutch

Something's not ok.
I think that you had cooling mounted in wrong way.
Why?
I have Pally 1800+ (which I'm going to replace) and A7V333 mobo.
This mobo overvolts by 0.05v and has jumper +0.3V, which I used.
The only bad things with 2.2V on my Pally were high temperature on it and overheating of my leet 190Watt PSU.

Back