• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1st PC coming together! Pics...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NcBaller1985

Aight...my mobo is the only thing holding me back from putting this thing together. Had to RMA my last Abit IC7. :mad: It is in the mail and is supposed to be here August 6th. Ugh!!! I have no patenice!!! Anywho....Painted my CD-RW last night and switched out the LED with a blue one. Also painted my Nexus controller. Here is a sneek peek on my progress. Got a DVD-ROM drive with a window that is in the works. That will go on top. I lost the screws for my floppy :bang head ...so i am on my way to Lowes. I painted the floppy same color as the CD-ROM. I also got bored last night and painted my Mouse. Eventually I will change the LED in it but I don't have any blue ones right now. Well...here is my progress. Probably not too 56K friendly. Any suggestions or comments welcome. These are my FIRST completed PC mods. :clap:

s.IM000420.JPG

IM000421.JPG

IM000422.JPG

Last edited:
IM000423.JPG

IM000424.JPG

Here is the DVD-ROM drive that is still in the works.
IM000425.JPG

Sorry about the small pictures. Got bigger ones once I find someplace to host them!!!!!

Looking good ^_^
CD-sunroofs are always my favorite... Anytime you have a window to 'moving' parts, it adds so much to the overall mod.

"Patience is a virtue"

yea right, my butt.
I love the CD_ROM windows too. Makes me wish computers had more moving parts. . .kinda. But other than that, great work. Did you make the ROM window yourself or buy it.

M

hahahahaha.....make a CD-ROM drive. hahahaha...this is my FIRST PC EVER. I think that would be jumping the gun just a little. It is a Lite-ON 52x32x52 CD-RW. I just took it apart and painted everything. Isn't voiding warriantes fun....hehehe

Oh the Rom-Window :bang head I thought you meant the CD-ROM drive! lol no, I made it myself, not done...yet but close. Just some more sanding. It is easy to make if you got a dremel.

Lookin good! I can't wait to see the end result! One question about your CD-Rom window: Are you going to just put the Lexan or whatever you use under the top of it? I have taken mine apart and it doesnt look like theres room to do that... If not, it seems like it would be pretty difficult to cut the lexan out to the exact size of the window. Anyway... keep us updated!

I'm putting the plexi on the inside of the drive. It won't be to hard to cut. Just lay the drive on the plexi and trace the shape of the window. Then when you cut it, just cut a little on the outside of the shape you traced. Pretty simple, not hard by any means.

NcBaller1985 said:
I'm putting the plexi on the inside of the drive. It won't be to hard to cut. Just lay the drive on the plexi and trace the shape of the window. Then when you cut it, just cut a little on the outside of the shape you traced. Pretty simple, not hard by any means.

Maybe for you, but I am not that good with a dremel hehe :)

Man that looks real cool. You should try and get just the plexi to glow blue or something. Could be done by inserting LEDs into the plexi.

Axle

or he could paint the inside of the lexan with blue uv reactive paint....it would be clear without a uv light...and then with one the whole case would glow blue....

hmm...i just gave myself an idea....lol

The more I look at it, I don't know how to arrange all my drives. The way it is going now it will be DVD (Has to be on top cause of "sunroof"), CD-RW, Nexus controller, Vantec controller, Floppy, 3.5" switch panel. You think this is the best arrangement??? Just looking for suggestions.

Back