• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.4 xp athlon green overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spiritedandy

Premium Member
XP2400+ athlon green overclocking

Hi all this is my first post.So sorry if its abit bland.

Q XP2400+ athlon green no ditches to fill. Shall i just connect the L1 conections to overclock it ive got some silver conductive paint (only £6)
Q Will this work ive a A7N8X. And can not change the multiplyer without it posting cpu failure.Or fsb (all are available tho)
Q As soon as i change the setting it will not fire up...reset bios black screen.

Ive read so many people have o/c a 2.4 xp .I want to, ive read up on things but a little lost

Should be able to do it with my spec i think please help im lost now:cry:

Hope the rest of my Putter info is Below

Q How do i get my putter info on without haveing to type it every time:)

ASUS A7N8X delux
512Mb 2700 Ebuyer
XP2400 thoroughbred-B cpu8- stepping AIUHB- year 2003- week 01- batchM- high end (not overclocked yet!)
40 Gb Hdd (7200)
Hercules 3D Prophet 9700Pro
sound o/b 5.1
3D Mark 14030 no overclocking
plus seven fans to cool everything:)
total cost £720

Last edited:
Its failing even if you make say a small, few mhz fsb change?

no if i go to 134 its fine but performance suffers.
i can not change anythin else
will unlocking the processor work?L1 conections

Im kinda new at this too... but I would think that it is already unlocked? Someone help this poor guy out! :D

Oh, to add your computer info to the bottom of your posts, you have to put it in the "Signature" part in your options.

Last edited:
with that mobo you should be able to change the multipliers without any modding. You can change them in the bios.

what heatsink and fan are you using to cool the cpu?

2.4Ghz Athlon????
1. you do not get an XP at that speed (at stock)
2. I think you mean XP2400+
3. there might be a problem with the motherboard or cpu.
if you have another comp try switching parts and seeing why its not letting you change the multis.

thanx for replys
the fan is a coolmaster 3000xp cpu temp is 41 deg motherboard temp 19deg.
I can change the multis but when i do it reports.. cpu failure due to overclocking.and will not boot up until i reset bios..
the same happens with the fsb and same error report.
ive locked the agp the pci is locked allready still no joy..

Could the memory be limiting things its only cheap
but i have set it on aggresive mode low latency..
ive also tried easier settings and still no joy again..
Any more idias anyone please i nee to overclock so badly..

Could joining the L1s help?

If you increase the multiplier (which you really should be able to do up to 12.5x without any modding) without increasing the FSB, the RAM is irrelevant.

What error message do you get exactly?

Have you updated to the newest bios? I faintly remember that old nforce2 biosses gave that error message. I also believe there is a spot in bios that has to be disabled, something about not allowing overclocking... (could be wrong about that)

it reports (system failed due to cpu overclocking).....
i have not updated to the latest bios which i will look at now.....
cant find anything in the bios to disable .....

if i just change the multi setting from auto to menu this then prompts the error message as well..... . thanx for youre help all :) :D

THANX DROPADROP

well thanx for all youre help im now a overclocker ahhhh and it feels good ..
it was in the bios i never set the no erorrs on that was all .....
well thanx again to ALL who helped

you should still consider updating to the newest bios...as performance should increase:D

Just so that you are 100% clear the L1 bridges are already joined no work required there - (they are closed within the substrate so it is not visible). As for multi selection you will get the multis 13 and higher on that board if you want the lower multis you may need to close the last L3 bridge although as you only have PC2700 Ram (only proven to 166FSB) you might not want to do this and instead concentrate on maximising using the higher multis (13 and up)

Back